Reaction score
morning all.
Im ross im 19 and im a new owner, whoop whoop.
so yer just wanted to get the deal really, the happenings and any thing i need to know about my trophy.

i realise this car will be a future classic, and don't plan on modding it .....to much, although i'm finding the brakes soft, might do something about that. brembo's i hear are a fav. ...???

apart from that would welcome any advice, meet details (im in southampton/portsmouth) any peps local to me or anything else you can offer.

cheers dudes.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
12:16 pm isn't morning ! :)

Hi by the way. 8)
Yes the standard brakes are a little, well...S**t !
Brembo max disks on the front are popular, I have them on mine, although new disks wont stop you any quicker, what you need is new Disks, pads, lines and fluid. Something on the lines of this:

Brembo Max disks
Braided brake lines
Dot4.1/5.1 fluid
Mintex pads if you just plan on driving on the road. You will need something more aggressive for track work, i.e Pagid RS2-4's or Ferodo DS2500's.

If you have a look through the Garage section you can see other peoples setups, although you will find most people will have the same or similar setup as above.

Enjoy the Trophy... 8)

Reaction score
Hey Ross, think we met at the Krispy Kremes meet

Glad to see you've got it on the road finally, still looking for mine, although people keep trying to pervert me with V6's :)

Anyways welcome, although I'm new too!

Reaction score
yer dude prob!!
you say your looking for a Trophy or a V6? be sick either way? you coming in a few tue's time?(gunwarpf) im trying to get another trophy along.

Jay

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I upgraded my brakes earlier this year with bembo HC Discs, DS Performance Pads, KTR Braided Lines and Castrol Responses Dot 4 fluid.

made a huge increase on stopping power as I agree the standard ones were poo

Reaction score
thanks i really think the brake idea is a good one, although the insurance shoots up another £130 !!! ouch.
has anyone fitted the 182 xenon headlights?? wanted the black eyebrow, is it a plug and play thing?

Reaction score
azrael said:
Cant decide either way, yep most prob be at gunwharf, its walking distance :eek:)

would me taking you out in mine help you decide?? lol guess you've already been in both

Reaction score
It might do i haven't been in one for a while, and as yet haven't driven a V6 even though I lent my M3 Cab to a friend who had one whilst I was on holiday B*stard!