Reaction score
Evening all!

Been on holiday in the States for a fortnight, and I've only just had time to sit down and go through all the posts since I went away - You lot have been busy! :lol:

Just got to quickly say how much I love my Trophy! As soon as I got home, I made my excuses to the missus "Just popping to the shops" and a two hour drive later I was totally hooked again - what a stonking little car!

Anyways, it's good to be back! :D

Ps. Congrats to Stevie G on making it 1000 posts!

Reaction score
OliS said:
Evening all!

Been on holiday in the States for a fortnight, and I've only just had time to sit down and go through all the posts since I went away - You lot have been busy! :lol:

Just got to quickly say how much I love my Trophy! As soon as I got home, I made my excuses to the missus "Just popping to the shops" and a two hour drive later I was totally hooked again - what a stonking little car!

Anyways, it's good to be back! :D

Ps. Congrats to Stevie G on making it 1000 posts!

Thanks Ols, hope you had a good time. I miss my car, now I'm not driving to work I sometimes go a few days without driving it and end up taking it for a spin at lunch time because I miss it so much. I'm taking it to Wales this weekend and I'm going to show it some proper roads so should be a blast. I need to make the most of it - I'm so poor at the moment and will be buying a house soon so I have considered the unmentionable.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
I'm so poor at the moment and will be buying a house soon so I have considered the unmentionable.

DON'T!!!!!!!! [-X

a house and trophy are both manageable :wink:

Reaction score
In a similar position myself Steve, I've started cycling to work, so I am only just going to be using my Trophy purely for pleasure and it's quite hard to justify the loan, insurance and tax payments.

But I'm with Gareth here a house and a Trophy are manageable, I may be a little bit in debt now but one day it will all be gone, and I don't work as hard as I do not to enjoy the finer things in life.

Hope things sort out for ya soon. :D

Reaction score
Cheers Guys

I think it will be OK, I've just had a hell of a lot to pay for recently and I've stopped using my credit cards so am sinking a bit, a mortgage will be less than my rent anyway and I can get 110% to pay off the debts so it'll be fine.

I couldn't sell XOG, I'd probably be sick and when I woke up the next day I'd feel like I felt the day after my dog died. Sad, I know, people who use their their cars just to get around can never understand...

Reaction score
I've not driven my trophy since the pistonheads meet on the 12th of Nov!! I have kept it ticking over and thats it. If it stops raining and we have dry roads i'll take it out as these days my trophy doesn't understand what rain is :)
I've got a day off work tomorrow so fingers crossed for some dry weather.

Like you guys i to will be looking to buy a house april/may of next year. I'm hoping to keep the trophy or buy something cheaper but rwd.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've got to say that when moving house unless your going for an estate - the Trophy's flexibility will come into it's own.... Try moving a 38" LCD tv in a coupe or roadster lol.

Reaction score
Steve, the best solution is to get a slightly bigger mortgage and to pay off the car loan - lower interest rates than for car loan and lower monthly outgoings. The financial press indicates that mortgage lenders are v keen to get your business and are upping the multiples.