Reaction score
the advert said:
and also the headlamps to genuine Renault Xenon units (£380).

Nice work Luke, this could be interesting for a lot of owners/potential owners (not the hardcore Trophy elite though :wink: )

Reaction score
Maybe they come with the Xenon kit, I doubt Renault would supply the Xenons knowing they're illegal.

Then again they did just deny all responsibility for a faulty death-trap bonnet catch...

Reaction score
Someone should tell him to up the price by £1000 as well. He's selling us all short there!!

Reaction score
definately way under the odds with 14k on the clock.

lack of xenons doesn't bother me at all, the standard bulbs are fine and when they go, silvervisions will be going in....and if they brake they are £20 to fix, not £200 per side. I wouldn't waste £380 upgrading to enons on the trophy.

G

Awesome. If I was going to keep the car for a long while I'd definitely change my lamps for those.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm with Matt on this, just upgrade to silverstar. Fraction of the cost and much of the benefit.

Reaction score
to be honest i didnt go overboard on the xenons on my 172 and havent missed em on the Trophy, mine were shite on dip and no way would i pay £300 and gain fat Lol

Just my experience anyway :wink:

Trophy's are going way too cheap, bloody steelers starting the trend (mine included :oops: !)

Reaction score
Gareth said:
i thought you needed washers fitted as well else it wasn't legal?

It is illegal. Police might not pick it up but an MOT would, so they could get away with it for a year (maybe).

G

I thought the whole 'washer thing' was a bit of a grey area. I had always thought if the lamps were fitted aftermarket then they're not needed, but self-levelling will be required.

It's not like the washers do anything anyway.

Reaction score
Why do you need washers fitted? They dont really work particularly well! Its just something that can break.

Reaction score
theo said:
Why do you need washers fitted? They dont really work particularly well! Its just something that can break.

Because a build up of dirt refracts the beam in an undesirable manner.

After market HID units are illegal full stop as they dont work properly in normal reflector units.

Do a search on ClioSport as this subject comes up alot.

Reaction score
I know the aftermarket kits can be an MOT Failure, but that doesnt stop people selling them, even the highstreet auto accessory shops still sell them!

Just my experience of headlight washer jets gives me the impression they are fairly useless!

Reaction score
^^ I agree.

I had a 1.6 dynamique with bi xenons and the washers didn't appear to make a noticeable difference (when they worked or didn't leak), but then again car manufactures cant all be wrong.

Reaction score
Shabba said:
theo said:

Because a build up of dirt refracts the beam in an undesirable manner.

After market HID units are illegal full stop as they dont work properly in normal reflector units.

Do a search on ClioSport as this subject comes up alot.

i thought that someone would know the definite answer to this.... i've obviously read a few of the said threads on CS but couldnt remember all the details though!

Reaction score
Well I was fortunate enough to purchase this very car just this evening so I’m just as interested. :D

Needless to say it retains the standard lights so ill be in two minds as to revert back or not?

R2TR

Reaction score
Congrats on the new car R2TR - looks like you got a good car at a good price. I'm sure you'll love it

Did you get any information from the previous owner on the conversion? 8)