Reaction score
Does anybody know were i can get my passanger wheeel repaired. if you know they can be repiared if not were i can get a new one from part from renault. had to sweve to avoide a bmw and hit the kurb quit bit scraped.

if any body does know were i can get it done repaired or a new one that would be gd

cheers
james

Reaction score
I kerbed one of mine and got it repaired by ChipsAway. The guy did a superb job and the repair is invisible.

Some people seem to think, however, that a bloke in a van can't possibly do a good job and prefer to buy a new wheel instead, so it's up to you.

I suppose it depends on the amount of damage that you've done. Mine wasn't too bad.

Reaction score
MickD said:
Some people seem to think, however, that a bloke in a van can't possibly do a good job and prefer to buy a new wheel instead, so it's up to you.

If a dealer was prepping a car there's no way they would buy a new wheel, they'd be on the phone to the 'man in a van'. Any potential buyers probably wouldn't even know the wheel had been repaired.

In fact, there's probably loads of people on here who are driving a Trophy that has had a wheel repair done and they don't even know it.

amm

Reaction score
jimpey said:
Does anybody know were i can get my passanger wheeel repaired. if you know they can be repiared if not were i can get a new one from part from renault. had to sweve to avoide a bmw and hit the kurb quit bit scraped.

if any body does know were i can get it done repaired or a new one that would be gd

cheers
james

where about's are you ?

Reaction score
My understanding is that BMW replace all scuffed wheels when prepping used cars but also use a man in a van for bodywork repairs

Reaction score
Johnny415 said:
My understanding is that BMW replace all scuffed wheels when prepping used cars but also use a man in a van for bodywork repairs

Sytner didn't on the 6 month old M5 that I bought. :roll:

Reaction score
Wicked wheels did some wheels on one of my old cars and I didn't think the job was that great, seemed to be a really soft finish - I suppose it depends on who's doing them in each particular area.

I have heard really good things about spit 'n' polish who also do the wheel refurbs.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
while we're on the subject.. just put my old 172 cup wheels on mine (puncture over the w/e and no time to get a new tyre) and what a difference the silver wheels make to the appearance. Not sure if i like them or not but it makes it look weird. handles slightly differently also - harder over bumps. only difference is 195's instead of 205's.???

Reaction score
Must 'ave been a bad week for tyres. We got a puncture last Thursday but at least it was repairable :) . Won't use the foam on a perfectly good tyre, its a waste.

Reaction score
Cue said:
while we're on the subject.. just put my old 172 cup wheels on mine (puncture over the w/e and no time to get a new tyre) and what a difference the silver wheels make to the appearance. Not sure if i like them or not but it makes it look weird. handles slightly differently also - harder over bumps. only difference is 195's instead of 205's.???

pictures?