Reaction score
wats the fastest someones had out there trophy, n as any1 beat a cooper s because me dads got 1 and it feels alot quicker than my trophy iv not raced him yet tho, s,pose i should really. please help

Day

Reaction score
My 172 has kept up with a standard Cooper S.

Nik's Trophy is faster than my car so I think you'll open a whole can of whoop ass in ur old mans face...

Reaction score
I drove a cooper s about a year ago before buying the Trophy, I recon the Trophy wins every time... The Mini is a good car but to fat and weighty.

G

A friend has a cooper s we raced each other from start in a straight line the trophy was faster there's not much in it but as soon as you hit bends the trophy commands.
There's no doubt the cooper s is a good little car and sounds awesome withthat super charger.

Reaction score
We have owned an '04 Cooper S, and also now have a Trophy.

However I really do think this is a pointless argument so I am not going to bother to even start...

O.

Day

Reaction score
Then why post Ollie?

You must know the answer to the question.

I'll lock it once you have given your verdict ;)

Reaction score
Well the question is which one is fastest. The Trophy has more HP, is lighter and has no more difficulty getting the power down to the road.

Easy!

Which one is the better car? How long is a piece of string? 8)

:)

O.

Reaction score
The mini has a lovely weighty feel to the steering that the trophy does not.

By the way, not trying to be negative.

nbc

Reaction score
I've owned two cooper s's (the first went back after 6 months of agro) and the two cars really are quite different.

Trophy feels much livelier and energetic and with considerably more grip, the mini four wheel drifts far too easy! The trophy's engine is much quicker to rev with a reason to go to 7,000 rpm the mini's is much more laboured with no real 'kick'.
Steering though is lovely in the mini, best feature of the whole car.

Trophy would murder a cooper 's' around a track, as has been proven by the cup winning the Autocar hot hatch shoot out convincingly.

Both grat cars, but the Trophy is my new best friend !!! :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
nitro said:

The RS Clios do have a weighty feel to the steering, in fact some new owners have even posted that it seemed to heavy. In my opinion, the steering feel is excellent.

Day

Reaction score
nitro said:
no one has touched on the mini's excellent residuals either :wink:
Anything that attracts "the pink pound" seems to do well... look at Audi TT's and Porsche Boxters for example lol

Reaction score
Mini definately has weightier steering, but i still don't like them at all - just a personal opinion.

also, don't race your dad - recipe for disaster.....

Reaction score
Nik said:
nitro said:

The RS Clios do have a weighty feel to the steering, in fact some new owners have even posted that it seemed to heavy. In my opinion, the steering feel is excellent.

I agree. If it didn't I would not have bought the Trophy.

A JCB without power steering would give the Mini a run for it's money in the 'weighty feel' stakes...

O.

Reaction score
In an attempt to add some value to this thread (but not in line with the original question), I do believe that the Cooper S has the following key benefits over the Trophy:

-Superior Gearbox - feel, accuracy and number of speeds offered
-Superior build quality - unlikely to rattle, better interior design, less road noise, better overall packaging
-Most people of the female orientation seem to fall in love with them. Instantly.
-Easier to get more power out of as a % of original power per £ owing to supercharger and general popularity of the car

With regards to residuals - I think these are fairly similar to the Trophy. In particualr the Cooper S is more expensive to buy, so a 10% loss on either car will result in you losing more £ with the Cooper S. Even when disregarding this factor, the Trophy seems (at the moment) to have superior residual %'s. I know of cars that've covered 10k miles and are still worth what the owners have paid for them (especially as there were many bargains to be had buying the car brand new before fame hit the cars thanks to Evo magazine).

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Street racing posts are utterly utterly utterly pointless, people posting them deserve a lifetime subscription to max power, but i will say that the suspension in the cooper s is harsh as anything, its like driving over cobbles constantly. I doubt its stiffer than the Trophys, its just the difference a decent and properly valved set of dampers makes.
/10p

Reaction score
HAHAHHAHA

lmao, i cant believe it! are we really comparing a cooper s to a trophy?????!!! lmao....
why why why are we doing this? it would and should have taken one answer. NO! lol

evo magazine summed it all up during the m6 vs trophy review...
'is this the biggest mismatch ever?! NOT A CHANCE, so why did we pit the trophy and the M6 together? well they are both very special and pitting a tropyh up against a civic type r or a mini cooper s would just be unworthy!'

answer the question?

and in a straight line, 0-60 on a trophy is 6.5 by the way, compared to a 7.4 on a cooper s... even the 20 grand cooper s works can only manage 6.9 to 60!

Reaction score
Re: HAHAHHAHA

182cup said:
lmao, i cant believe it! are we really comparing a cooper s to a trophy?????!!! lmao....
why why why are we doing this? it would and should have taken one answer. NO! lol

evo magazine summed it all up during the m6 vs trophy review...
'is this the biggest mismatch ever?! NOT A CHANCE, so why did we pit the trophy and the M6 together? well they are both very special and pitting a tropyh up against a civic type r or a mini cooper s would just be unworthy!'

answer the question?

and in a straight line, 0-60 on a trophy is 6.5 by the way, compared to a 7.4 on a cooper s... even the 20 grand cooper s works can only manage 6.9 to 60!

Anything Evo say about the Trophy needs to be taken with a grain of salt, actually make that a whole salt lick! :wink: Using that to make the case doesn't fly. A trophy/cooper s comparison is a way more realistic one than a trophy/m6. While making for a neat article, with the usual accompanying pretty pictures, anyone who thinks that comparison is valid is offbase, especially with some straightline times for them :shock:

That said I think we're in agreement here in the forum that the Trophy is our easy choice over the Cooper S.