Reaction score
Luke335 said:
222bhp, 1252Kg. = 177bhp/tone, but in Evo they put a JDM civic on a rolling road and it made 246bhp! That's 196 bhp/tone.

I did read the FD2 made more than OEM figures, but I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what's really surprised me is the pace of the dci175. Around Brands Hatch I was around 2 seconds slower than in the Trophy.. god knows how its quicker at bedford.... you run out revs on track in that thing!

Reaction score
I've just read the whole issue cover to cover as I'm stuck indoors in Wales with relentless rain, I was most surprised by the diesel Megane being quicker than the 197 Cup (and the Trophy) but if you look at the speeds it carries through the corners on the ST vs. Megane trace you can see it carries up to 5mph more through the faster corners negating the much stronger acceleration of the ST (which reaches about 5mph higher peak speeds). I think it shows that the 197 range still needs a Trophy if it was beaten by a 182 Trophy on worn crappy tyres, a new set of PE2s would have seen the Trophy beat the Focus ST et al and be the current fastest hot hatch in the Knowledge. Shame.

Anyone slating Bedford doesn't know what they're talking about sorry, I've spoken to loads of people, some who have tracked every circuit in the country and it's unrivalled for it's combination of carefully designed corners and huge level of safety, yes, it's ideal for beginners but not having any Armco anywhere means drivers of all abilities and cars of all values can push their limits alot further than on race circuits (there are no spectator/race events at Bedford). The huge run-off on all corners means you can drive like it's Gran Turisom and get the car all out of shape just for fun. Palmer is a personal hero of mine, and the full GT circuit of 3.9 miles is fantastic, 130mph down the back straight (if you've got a slow car like mine) and super-tight haripins and everything inbetween, what's not to like?

I also think the FD2 would be a lot quicker than that if it was driven properly/run-in etc. I've seen a few videos now of it keeping pace with NSX-R's and all kinds of exotica on Japanese racetracks and I don't even think a new S3, 350Z or R26-R would beat it, it's a bloody incredible car considering it's front drive, naturally apsirated and a proper sized four door saloon. But then I do have Type-R blonkers as well as Trophy ones now.

I've just put four new original specification Bridgestone RE010s on my car for this holiday and it's completely transformed, I haven't even touched the grip limits yet even in the soaking conditions but everything from the ride, steering feel, traction, handling and grip is in another league compared to before with the shitty dunlops I had on the car. Now I've got the proper tyres I feel like I've done the Intgra a huge diservice by leaving the old tyres on for a year. Oh and my tracking was shockingly out.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i still can't see how a car weighing it almost 400kg more than a trophy, with less power (albeit having more torque) can out gun the Trophy....

Reaction score
Still it was good to see the trophy faster round the track than its younger and fatter siblin!

i think the trophy was Harry M's car......who knows what condition the tyres were in