Reaction score
Where do you see these going?

Year or so ago 10K was the going rate, what now 6K 7K???

Been told dealers are giving shocking trade in values almost 'Dick Turpin' style.

Only just got a premium over 182FF, yet 172 cups seem to be holding out.

Reaction score
No idea, everything is dropping these days.

I think the cup's reached their point a while back where they just couldn't go any lower for the sort of car they were. The Trophy's will do the same at some point. The problem is with plenty of identical cars coming up for sale, the sellers all try and beat each other and the prices just keep dropping.

I put mine up for 8k and it was very moderately priced a couple of weeks ago with plenty higher and a couple lower. Checked back on PH last week and they were all at 7495 or lower with much less mileage than mine...they went down 1k in a couple of weeks!

Shocking!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
buyers market at the mo so that will send values downwards until buyers start to say it's not worth selling.

Reaction score
It is daft at the minute! I just looked as my renewal is coming up!

I bought a year ago for 10k and was gutted to see them going for 6-7k! Thought it would hold its value a bit better, but then i don't want to get rid of it, nothing other than an R26R I would want to change it for!

Reaction score
It can't help that they're pretty much all three years old and out of manufacturers warranty. I found I had to look to get mine 14 months ago as the dealers were shifting them so quickly, now I seem to find loads for sale. Luckily for me I'll be keeping the car a while so prices are largely irrelevant, but if I planned to change in the next 12 months I wouldn't be impressed.

Ajr

Reaction score
Basically just don't try and sell!

I went to order a 197 with all of the trimmings, got offered £5500, laughed, then offered 6 and told them that they must think i'm a mug, then up to £6250. Then i decided i'd keep the trophy and do some stuff to it to tart it up a bit and make it like a new car again. Can't see me selling it for many years!

As said if nobody sells, the prices will stay the same or rise, if everyone sells the prices shoot down.

Reaction score
I think Berty's right. Values were allways going to drop at 3 years. It just happens to be a really bad time at the moment.

Reaction score
As said if nobody sells, the prices will stay the same or rise, if everyone sells the prices shoot down.

This only works to a point. If nobody sold their Trophy and at the same time other cars continued to plummet in value then all that would happen would be folks would look at other models. Just advertised my trophy (sub 30k miles, 1 prev owner etc) at less than 7.5k- didnt even get a sniff.

To be honest im not that fussed, as at least everything else is dropping just as quick - if not faster.

Reaction score
If no ones buying it doesn'y matter how much you lower your price by.

Car market is becoming like housing market without 1st time buyers. Everone is holding on to there cash for the rainy days ahead.

Reaction score
Agreed a price for my Trophy on Monday with a young lad from the Midlands. His parents wanted the vehicle health checked (told me they would pay) so I booked it in and the car passed with flying colours. However, I knew that the boot catch occasionally stuck so I thought I would get that sorted as well.

Now the guy cant buy the car as his mum thinks its too fast!!! Oh and they dont see why they should pay for the inspection....as in their words it would be prudent to have had this done anyway!!!!

How bloody frustrating.

At £7.2k now and im not getting a sniff............ Prob best just to keep hold of it....

Reaction score
I brought my R27 about 8-9months ago for 16k!! had to sell for personal resons, and got just 11.5k for it!! crazy!! Iv still got the trophy though :)

we should all pull together abd not sell our trophys cheap anymore!! Try to keep the value up!!

Reaction score
Yer that would be good, it is crazy at the minute but at least we've got a car thats a joy to drive!

Reaction score
They just need to be sensibly priced vs similar cars on offer. Someone is only going to pay so much for the Trophy spec.

Disagree about sales. It's a funny market, but sales are holding up for well presented cars at realistic prices.

It's still the case that a low mileage Trophy will make a better than the usual differential price and sell faster, but all Trophys sell.

SG - I would be making a point that they wanted the 'health check' done, what a cheek! I would always pay if there was something nasty unforseen, but their angle is bang out of order.

Reaction score
Yeh im def keeping this one, not worth selling!! plus iv just had it re-mapped at k-tec :) puts asmile on my face!!

Reaction score
I've got mine on for just under £8k with 19k miles. I moved to central London and I just don't get a chance to use it. Had a bit of interest but nothing serious. I'm not lowering the asking price even if I will accept a less when it comes to negotiating. At the moment I can see me keeping the little tommy.

Problem is you're always going to have a few desperate sellers pretty much giving their Trophy's away which does not help resale values. I can't believe there's ones for under £7k with low mileage!
It's certainly a buyers market, just had a quick browse of Pistonheads and there's some fantastic bargains out there...

Reaction score
I'm still on the lookout... a few bargains coming up each month. I want to pay less than £7k for a low miler. Don't think i'll have a problem within a couple of months...

Reaction score
beginning to think mines overpriced now, although i cant find any listed any where with similar miles for a smaller price.

i thought 7495 was reasonable for a mint 25k miler? :(

Reaction score
I'm going to take mine off the market...I honestly can't see them dropping below £6-6.5k for quite a while and I'd prefer to keep it than sell it for that.
I honestly thought these cars would hold there value better than they are doing so. Look how well the Focus RS has done, which in my opinion is a compromised car.