Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
A good average mileage 55 plate would be 11.5k or so i'd have thought.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Seeing as 65 is upon us & new 197 is getting good reviews.

What price should i, if very fortunate, be able to pick up a good example for?????????

No px just cash sale..............

Cheers.

£10.5K - £11.5K private, £11.5K - £12.5K stealer. I paid £13K for a mint, permagarded one with 1900 miles 4 months ago from a dealer, so don't pay more than that.

Day

Reaction score
Good luck with that.

I've not seen them go for less than 11k.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought mine 3 weeks ago, 9000 miles, mint and paid £11400.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
10.5K or slightly more is within my budget.....

You can pick up a few rusting Williams for that but it won't get you the good stuff!

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:

You'd make a good car salesman Steve! When you sell things you want more than people are prepared to pay and when buying you want to pay less than people are prepared to sell for :lol: :wink:

Good luck trying though, I think it's possible you could get someone to part with one for that money, but i wouldn't expect it to be the best or low mileage example. You might need to wait another 3-6 months if thats your budget though.

Reaction score
Yes, i agree...................but i am in a good position, no px & ready to go.

Like buying houses take the cash or join the chain, you decide!!!!!!

I will give it a few weeks if not, i'll get a cupped 182..............................

Also Parkers says 05/55 trophy 9.4 trade in - 10.3 private, got to try.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Yes, i agree...................but i am in a good position, no px & ready to go.

I will give it a few weeks if not, i'll get a cupped 182..............................

i always find Parkers to be a bit low on pricing and very few people seem to be selling at 10300, demand is still quite high for the tomato hatches (tup)

Reaction score
g40steve said:

False economy my friend.

The extra £500 you invest now in a Trophy will always be there and as a % retained value the Trophy will always pip the 182.

99.9% of cars will never be an investment (Trophy included) but it's as close as it will ever be to a sensible purchase.

You'll find some people on this board bought their cars a year ago, have driven a few thousand miles in 12 months and still have lost no more than £1000 (if that!)... from a brand new car. That's hard to beat :)

O.

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
g40steve said:

i always find Parkers to be a bit low on pricing and very few people seem to be selling at 10300, demand is still quite high for the tomato hatches (tup)
Parkers does my head in, as per quoted trophy prices.

BUT, you look at 172 FF 53, values.................no way will they reach that!!!!!!!

The search continues...........
The guy on pistonheads aint got in touch????????????

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
don't know if this is us, as owners, wearing rose tinted specs or whether the publishers of parkers etc are clueless about the actual value of Trophies.

Reaction score
The problem with Parkers, is where do they get a representative sample from to quote that figure? Nobody has called me and I must have sold a chunk of the cars that have been remarketed in 2006. Parkers isn't bad when setting retail prices of mainstream cars because they seem to be a composite of CAP and Glass's. They may not mean to!

If you can buy Trophys for £10300 I'll employ you as a buyer :)

Reaction score
trophy costs

a car is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay my mate sold his for £12500 with 6 kmiles on it. Condition is crucial mate anything between £10 to £11k is good as some unfortunate people paid £15500 new, not me though I paid far less!!! Good luck and dont get a 182 cup will devalue loads quicker as loads more sold. You can get a 182 with the recaros this would be worth considering as second choice!

Reaction score
Agree that there's huge demand for 182 + Cup Packs and Recaros, especially Black.

Reaction score
oliie said:
g40steve said:

You can pick up a few rusting Williams for that but it won't get you the good stuff!

O.
Not so, i phoned five that had sold............................you wouldn't believe what they went for.
Lets just say my budget, is very close to what they went for.
& we are not talking high mile early examples either, oct 55'ers.