Reaction score
The fronts on my trophy are well overdue for a change and im tempted to change and try the toyo r888s, Has anyone tried them for everyday road use?? ive read all the write ups about them but just wondering if anyone on here has tried them?

S4M

Reaction score
I havent had some but from reading up on them

prob wont last more than 5000 road miles
Good in the dry but not that much better than a parada spec 2 ( apprentley they have to have a good amount of heat put through them IE track use to notice the diffrence )
Shite in the wet :lol:

They have super solid sidewalls tho, imagine they help turn in .... Would love a set there a bit expensive on 16s tho :(

Reaction score
Stick to PE2's as standard.

R888's in 15's is the cheapest option.

Noisy, turn in is unbelievable, grip is emense, fine in damp don't like standing water.

Parada spec 2's would fall to bits trying to compete with R888's.

S4M

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Parada spec 2's would fall to bits trying to compete with R888's.

True but alot of people i have spoken to who use them say that they notice very little diffrence in day to day driving and that they need to be warmed up properly (ie a few laps on a track) Maybe you disagree :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
although they are road legal i wouldn't recommend R888's for road use, they are pretty useless in the wet, you'll just understeer like crazy as they need heat to make them grippy. As steve says they're also incredibly noisy on the road.

Stick with PE2's.

Reaction score
As others have said, stick with PE2's and if you want R888's then get a second set of wheels! Dread to think what R888's on the front and PE2's at the back would result in??? Thats not what you were planning were you?

R888's are simply unbelieveable, the grip is massive. As others have said though, they do not last long. But i found them fantastic in the wet too...only got hairy once in some of the worst weather i have driven through, on a country road fairly briskly!

You could get them as everyday, but they are not the most economic financially, just don't drive fast in the wet...but im sure none of us do anyway!

Reaction score
Just an aside but a recent Autobild test on a Corsa VXR put teh Goodyear F1 Assymetrical and the Hankook V12 well ahead of the PE2, particularly in the wet.

Reaction score
Yer ive been looking into the f1s i had them on my scooby and i cant say i ever had a problem with them even on track and the scooby was a over 300bhp. Its only my fronts that need changing and with no190s first MOT in the next few weeks im changing them next week... still cant decided though.. do the 888s not come in a 205 45 16??