Reaction score
the wee oil guage that shows how much oil u have has stopped showing when i start car :( what is wrong

u no the wee boxes below milage

Reaction score
You might want to lift the bonnet and check it's got oil in it :)

Reaction score
As far as i know, it only shows bars when it is low on oil. If it is at the correct level it just show oil ok. I have never seen bars on mine.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Have you got either cruise control or speed limiter turned on via the switch next to the ESP button? If so it will not show the 'OIL OK' message on startup.

Reaction score
blueseidboy said:
As far as i know, it only shows bars when it is low on oil. If it is at the correct level it just show oil ok. I have never seen bars on mine.
Mine usually says 'oil ok' but occasionally it will show the bars, and it isen't low either. im never happy unless i've opened the bonnet and checked anyway

Reaction score
Does it not show the bars if you press the computer button when its showing oil ok?

Reaction score
Ok looks as though we need a bit more information.
1) Does it show 'OIL OK' when starting the engine?
2) Have you got cruise control on?
3) Before starting engine with ignition on press the button next to the Trip Computer screen then start engine. Does it now show the bars i.e. 'OOOOO_ ' ?

If none of this is happening check oil level sender switch is connected i believe its on the sump. I know this is true for the D4F engines just never needed to check mine out as of yet. If your still having issues then repost and let me know what you have done as you can back probe the sensor to check its working as it works on a variable resistor.

Reaction score
if its just showing oil ok then that's good, have you recently had a service or topped up oil?

Reaction score
Ok have you tried step 3? its the button on the speed dials. Hold that down before starting the engine the zero's should show if not best bet is to speak to renault.