Reaction score
After owning several 106 gti’s and Saxo vts’s over the years, followed by an impreza, clio 182 cup and a FF 182, I am now stuck with what to buy.

I will be honest here I have always wanted a trophy ever since my first RB back in 2007, problem being they were still serious priced at over 10k. Now prices seem to be dropping monthly and I am now in a position to purchase another car.

The other car in mind is a 225 trophy, but as usual I am shit at what to pic.

The power greedy part of my is thinking I should get the 225, but the amount of problems I see or read…the trophy starts to win

Help me with the battle….is the trophy(182) the one I should go for.

Reaction score
hi Leeroy.

it's all a matter of personal choice. asking people on a clio trophy forum that question is going to get an obvious answer. the answer from me is drive both and buy the one YOU like the most.

why not try other cars in your price range from Ford or Honda for example?

Good Luck

Reaction score
I own a trophy and gotta say its amazing. you get loadz of looks :wink: i drove a mk1 focus rs and that would be the only car i would consider changing. If i get a new car i will still keep my T.

Like felix said you best driving both cars and see what you fink man.

Can i ask why is it got to be clio T or Megane 225 T. i would look at larger range. Maybe look at type r, VXR ect.

If i had spare 16k id go for alien green RS 200 Cup with alcantara upgrade

Reaction score
Yeah they're great cars, i went from a Williams to it, and i've not looked back, and compared to the megane they feel more alive at the wheel.
Just watch the alarm.... :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
rickywilly said:
Just watch the alarm.... :lol:

Mine goes off every time the sun comes out from behind a cloud. literally. =/
Am i not the only one?

Reaction score
French through and through me

Civic type r doesnt appeal to me, does not come over as a drivers car

Its the red of the T that keeps me wanting one along with the special sachs :}

Reaction score
Trophy No.
leeroy said:
French through and through me

Civic type r doesnt appeal to me, does not come over as a drivers car

Its the red of the T that keeps me wanting one along with the special sachs :}
I was on the horseshoe pass last night.. I wasnt pushing the T anywhere near the limit, it stayed flat and safe through every bend. My mate in his type r on the other hand, had to keep his wits about him and work hard to keep it in tec.
Clio 1. Civic 0.

Reaction score
Well decision made, only way to find out if its for me is to buy one.

Currently have 3 to look at fingers crossed one can be purchased :}

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
leeroy said:
Well decision made, only way to find out if its for me is to buy one.

Currently have 3 to look at fingers crossed one can be purchased :}

Drive one! Then you'll know. :)

Coming from a 172 Cup which I owned for 2 years, changing to a LCR225 which I owned for 7 months due to dull drive (nice in a straight line, naff in corners), bought the T off my dad and still own it 3.5 years on. I do look at other things to replace it with, but each car I drive doesn't have the same factor as the T, certainly for around the T's price range.

Reaction score
Well I bought a 225 trophy about 15 months ago and just have recently sold it.

I am now on the look out for a new car and I cant help coming back to looking at trophys once again.

Am stuck between a premier Typer r, a car I have never owned and a trophy, to which I have previously owned 2 182 cups's.

Would the trophy be the better choice?

is1

Reaction score
Well I bought a 225 trophy about 15 months ago and just have recently sold it.

I am now on the look out for a new car and I cant help coming back to looking at trophys once again.

Am stuck between a premier Typer r, a car I have never owned and a trophy, to which I have previously owned 2 182 cups's.

Would the trophy be the better choice?

Once again, as per previous posts, only you can answer this. Go and look at examples of each, speak to the owners and decide for yourself. If it is a daily carrying passengers (i.e. actually used as a passenger car) then the Civic might be a better choice on the basis that they are apparently well-built, a bit bigger and more "substantial" car.
The Trophy doesn't have rear head rests and has a firm, jittery ride if used around town, the steering wheels melt, the driving position takes some getting used to, the gearchange is average, the jacking points are made of chocolate etc. etc.
Yet I still bought one with a budget of almost £10K. The reason is that I knew it would be used solely to take me to work and back into the garage.
It has never carried a passenger in my time of ownership and I have not had one single realiability issue, rattle, squeak, electrical problem etc.
However, I suspect that if I used the car as a family runner, it would wear a hell of a lot quicker - the build quality is not great. Things like the awful rubber gearknob are poor - both in appearance and function.
It also seems to be the prevailing view that the 182 is very dificult to tune so if that is your thing, perhaps the Honda is again a better choice although tuning is not really my thing.

Reaction score
I have owned 2 182 cup's in the past pal so I am well aware of the faults etc

Its just something that the trophy has that pulls me towards one more then a civic, I cant put my finger on what it is, but its something that makes me want one!

is1

Reaction score
Its just something that the trophy has that pulls me towards one more then a civic, I cant put my finger on what it is, but its something that makes me want one!

Is it something to do with 7th greatest drivers' car of all time, greatest hot hatch, race-derived suspension etc?
It is a wonderful, wonderful car (I came to it from greatest drivers' car no. 10 - an Evo VI Tommi!) and probably love it more but you should be realistic as to how much better it is than a 182 Cup.
For me, they really work if you keep them standard, don't get caught up in changing what it fundamentally is or come with unrealistic expectations - many a diesel will still drive away from you.
You need to have a go in one (or more) to see if it is that different to your 182 Cups (it shouldn't be!).
Bear in mind they are getting older now so finding the factory fresh experience that all the car mags got may prove a challenge.
For my take on it, if I'd had a pair of 182 Cups already, I'd probably fancy a change and I hate the colour BTW!

Reaction score
LOL Teg is way to old for me, its coming on to 12 years old that baby and is starting to look dated.

I see your point, but I have also been a french car love

several diesel 106's and Saxo's
2 VTS's
106 Gti
Xsara VTS

ETC

Reaction score
I like the look of that Integra, my mate owned a JDM import that he fitted a lightened flywheel too and i have to say after driving that then going into my T after the speed of the Integra was unreal, i also found the interior much nicer, the only downside was the handling as it just couldn't keep up with the T in the corners.As for the Type R Premier, 2 of my other mates have had these and iv now driven them, there really nice to drive as a daily driver however they soon get boring, and just didn't put a smile on my face like the T does. Also the 2 mate who owned them sold them on within the first year of ownership. The Megane 225 Trophy hope you don't mind me asking but are you looking at this too? as for me i would chose the F1 over the Trophy any day mainly due to all the extras the F1 has. Again one downside with the 225's and 230 F1 is the reliability from what iv read, i don't know from personal experience as iv never owned one non driven one. One other car thats come down in price is the 197's there worth a look at especially as there suppose to be more civilised that the 182's.

Reaction score
I have just sold my megane trophy pal had it over a year