Reaction score
Donkey, do you know if Bilstein still do Group N dampers and if so would you run 1:1 bump rebound on the front - i have never tried this on a FWD car - it was brilliant on RWD, although the ride was hideous. But racing drivers are not paid to be comfortable!

Reaction score
I can find out

1:1 sounds a bit...brave

you thinking of sprinting in mind?

Reaction score
Phew.... I was thinking about the resale of a Trophy which needed new dampers all of a sudden!

btw guys this has turned into a very interesting topic after my initial question on settings.

I have yet to get mine set up, but will post a before/after of settings and how the changes feel which hopefully will help anyone yet to get involved.

My thoughts on increased camber (which was one of my original questions) goes along these lines.

1. Should make the steering heavier (not a problem)
2. Could reduce grip in the wet, due to a reduction in the contact patch.

Is the second point true or am I talking rubbish?

I will prob go with the extra camber anyway, was just wondering.

Finally shims for the rear, what is the usual form, measure the current settings, then go buy shims, or buy them up front, and return the ones you dont need, or is there a selection on the car. (ie used as packing pieces or spacers on the reverse of the mounting - as I had on an old Esprit I had back in the year dot)

Thanks again for the replies.
Regards
160dmb

Reaction score
160 mb - 2 degrees does not seem to be a problem in the wet - probably because like all tin tops it rolls a lot - I am not brave (not just an age thing), but I am surprisingly quick in the wet.

Donkey - believe it or not but Bilstein used to recommend 300/300 for the four cylinder M3's and 200/200 at the rear - I changed that to 175 rebound/100 bumnp and it seemed more predictable and slightly better traction. Anyway any info will be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Re:

OliS said:
My Trophy came with the following camber settings: -0.24 degrees front right, -1.01 degrees front left, rears were both at -1.75 degrees.

I've been running -2.00 degrees at the front for about 10 months and 8,000 miles (and two trackdays) now and I am delighted with how the car performs. I've had no issues with tyre wear, I swapped the fronts to the rears about 4,000 miles ago, and there were no signs of any excessive wear on the inside edges of the tyres.

Getting the geometry set up properly is something I would advise all Trophy owners to think about.

Hi id just like to say thanks to everyone for this information its a great help, where would you guys recommend going to firstly get all the setting checked and adjusted?