Reaction score
as we all know the trophy speakers aint great...i was thinking about some after-market ones for the rear...are they 10cm or do i need some of the custom ones..? anyone changed theirs? what did you buy?

Reaction score
They are 5.25in (13cm) off hand. I am in the process of replacing mine with Focals (I just bought a Focal Sub) and an Alpine V12 amp to run everything off of.

I definately recommend adding an amp at the same time otherwise you will notice little difference.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
one speaker at the rear is bust..it crackles all the time....hence the need to change
isnt throwing in amps etc getting away from the whole weight issue?

Reaction score
It is... but the removal of rear setas, Isofix bar and the Janspeed exhaust system means that I'm still one step ahead of the weight game.. by at least 15kgs ;) I will also fit one multichannel Alpine amp which weighs in at only 5kg (yes, I've checked... sad I know). The sub is another 8kg and the front speakers are not worth weighing...

If your rear speaker crackles you may be able to change under warranty providing you didn't put the volume to high...

O.

Reaction score
I know I am pushing my luck asking this on this forum... but I'll try anyway :)

Does anyone know if the Focal 130 K2 Polykevlar's will fit into the standard speaker area in the doors? I am concerned the magnet may be too big.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
1 of my rear speaker is busted aswell, it has a bad crackle from it even at low noise.

I like my music so may invest in new speakers!!

Reaction score
I believe I created a thread about my ICE upgrade, but to summarise I went for Alpine's new 'full speed' iPod headunit, Infinity Kappa components up front and Infinity Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf, no amp!

The problem with just swapping out the old rear speakers is that A. they're quite small and B. they are mounted on flimsy plastic so new speakers will still shake about!?!?

Wiring in new components at the front is a bit of a pain as the woofers in the doors are wired through the multi-plug loom going from car to door and the cross-over is a high-pass filter on the OEM tweeter.

If you were in my neck of the woods I'd say come and have a listen but it's a little far for you to drive!!

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
I went for Alpine's new 'full speed' iPod headunit, Infinity Kappa components up front and Infinity Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf, no amp!

You cant go wrong with any of the infinity series (reference / kappa / perfect's)

If you have a good enough h/u you dont really need an amp for speakers, unless you want to go seriously loud....but thats not what the trophy is about for me.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I know I am pushing my luck asking this on this forum... but I'll try anyway :)

Does anyone know if the Focal 130 K2 Polykevlar's will fit into the standard speaker area in the doors? I am concerned the magnet may be too big.

Cheers
O.

did you ever find out the answer to this Ollie?

I am buying new speakers tomorrow and it's between Focals/Infinity References

Cheers,

G

Reaction score
Yes, they definately fit...

Focal vs. Infinity is like BMW vs. VW

Listen to both and you'll hear the day and night difference... :)

If you're ever in London you're welcome to come and hear my system :)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:

O.

spooted you in hemel last week, i'm not too far away from there so that might be easier than london for me :D

Reaction score
Gareth said:
oliie said:

O.

spooted you in hemel last week, i'm not too far away from there so that might be easier than london for me :D

Oh wow, really? Where abouts?

We should definitely catch up while I am still there...

Reaction score
oliie said:
Gareth said:
oliie said:

O.

Oh wow, really? Where abouts?

We should definitely catch up while I am still there...

live in leighton buzzard, work in watford, come home via m1 and maylands avenue. as i car share the time i spotted you i was in my mates corsa