Reaction score
Im in bit of a predicament. I advertised my car for sale on here and pistonheads. Got loads of interest, the second person to view it, left a deposit, pending the private plate to come off. The plate took longer than expected, but was clear last saturday. Phoned the guy monday, he said it was likely to be the later half of the week to collect. However, not heard from him since monday, and he is now not answering any calls or texts.
What do i do, how long should i give him before re-advertising the car? Also, what do i do with the deposit money?

The problem is, he asked that the car wasn't driven as part of our deal, so the T's just sat there, leaving me to ponce lifts and borrow peoples cars for work.

Don't really know what to do :(

Any advice would be apreciated

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it is still the latter part of the week. I understand your predicament but I'm not sure i would do anything at the moment, you don't know something may have happened. benefit of the doubt for a little while longer then send him a mail with your intentions.

Reaction score
difficult one,

you could send a text and leave voice message with a date that if you haven't heard back from him by the deal is off and the car will be driven and re-advertised. Also state that if he doesn't respond then he will loss deposit, this might kick him into responding.

Reaction score
Typical, heard from him just after posting this, they have had to re apply for the loan so will be a few more days. I'm glad ive heard from him, as i really wouldn't know what to do! I'm also glad he is still buying, because his partner really did fall in love with the car, and seems to be the type of person to cherish it!
Thanks for the advice, maybe i did jump the gun a bit, but i was concerned!

Reaction score
Just an update, once again no contact for a week. Although i've taken a deposit, how long in peoples opinions should i wait??

Reaction score
I'd take Olliev8's advice. I think you have been reasonable, its been 2 weeks and 2 chances and quite likely to be another week or so of waiting. In the mean time, you're left at a disadvantage with out the use of a car and the value of your car is falling the longer you wait. Call and leave a message and a text to cover all bases and give the person a deadline, say middle of next week. If he not ready to buy the car by the deadline, you will re-advertise the car and will no longer deal with him and will loose his deposit. You could be loosing prompt paying genuine buyers.

Reaction score
I just don't get it though, if i was buying a car, i'd want it as soon as possible, i definately wouldn't want to wait a month for it.
On the other hand, if circumstances changed, and for whatever reason i couldn't buy it, i'd at least ask for my deposit back. I wouldn't expect it, but i'd at least ask.
I just really thought a Trophy buyer more than anyone would want the car asap.

Reaction score
Bollocks to not driving it.
I always drive the cars till collected don't understand why you agreed to that :shock:
On the deposit, i sold mine & took £500 depoist from young lad within hours of advertisng. His dad phoned day or so later & told me he had agreed to give his son 10K to buy & insure a car. So the fact he had to pay over 1K insurance he could not afford my car. He asked if i could deduct selling costs & refund deposit so i took £50 for new adverts & we were both happy :D

Reaction score
Only £100! The guy contacted me the day i was going on holiday and explained the couldnt get the finance, so its now back up for sale!