Trophy Plates

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Been looking at the DVLA webste and there is a fair few.

Not too sure which one to go for.

Plates.gif

Reaction score
I've been thinking of selling my plate T23PHY, far superior to any of the above :p

How much are you looking to spend on one?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
All the plates that i posted above are only £225 from the DVLA website so i will not be willing to pay anymore than that.

I do really like the T888 PHY plate or the T555 PHY one

is1

Reaction score
Not sure if this is going to be helpful or not (probably not) but it might provoke some debate.
How about none of them?

When I look at pretty much any of them, all I think is (and this is me knowing what a Trophy is) "I suppose it's trying to state "Trophy" but the best for that would be T120 PHY or T20 PHY". But even better would be the original plate that came on the car.

The point I am making is that a cherished plate is only really any good (i.e. impresses others, finshes the car off etc.) if it is VERY good (i.e. VERY few characters, say initials plus a digit, very close to the car, say F430 XXX for a Ferrari F430 etc or genuinely interesting, I have recently seen 80TOX).
In most other cases, it suggests trying too hard and you've paid for it and will never recoup it.
There is also the fact that in my view, you then have paperwork with different reg nos. which I don't like.

Just my thoughts really. You're lucky if you can spend a few hundred quid on a number plate. Maybe use it on something that makes the car work better - have you got/tried an RS Tuner (if your car is standard?) or save it for a rainy day.

is1

Reaction score
Despite my earlier comment, if I HAD to choose, I would probably go for TIII PHY - the three "1s" look a bit like a barcode!