Reaction score
Had my Trophy nearly a month now and I've a couple of quick questions about the passenger seat.

1) In the "secrets" sticky thread it says "There is a rectangular 'cubby' area under passenger front seat to store items such as wheel locking nut, first aid box etc."

Is this for real? Where is it? Is it obvious? Am I stupid?

2) When I put the passenger seat forward using the little side lever so that somebody can get in the back, should the seat slide forward to make extra space like the drivers seat? Mine doesn't and I don't want to take it to Renault to get it looked at for them to say "it's supposed to be like that you wazzok!"

Thanks

Reaction score
nickc said:
Had my Trophy nearly a month now and I've a couple of quick questions about the passenger seat.

1) In the "secrets" sticky thread it says "There is a rectangular 'cubby' area under passenger front seat to store items such as wheel locking nut, first aid box etc."

Is this for real? Where is it? Is it obvious? Am I stupid?

2) When I put the passenger seat forward using the little side lever so that somebody can get in the back, should the seat slide forward to make extra space like the drivers seat? Mine doesn't and I don't want to take it to Renault to get it looked at for them to say "it's supposed to be like that you wazzok!"

Thanks

I've only had mine for 5 days, and it's the opposite for me what you described in point 2...my passenger seat slides forward using the side lever - but not the driver's side!

:-k

Reaction score
luckily my daughter isn't very big and can squeeze into the back - but if it's something I can get fixed under warranty I'm going to do it. By the sound of it I can take it to Renault...

Reaction score
One at a time:

1) The cubby area relates to the space made when you pull the front support forward (the furthest part of the seat that supports the bottom of your hamstrings)

2) The seat should slide forward as does the drivers seat. Make sure you set the seat in the furthest back position to start with (as it won't move forward if it is all the way forward already). For it to slide the seat back should be all the way forward before the locking mechanism allows the seat to move forward.

Be careful asking Renault to fix anything to do with the Recaro seat. Mine went in almost six times for a recurring fault. Each time they fixed it they broke something else. Madness.

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
1) Think I've got it now - thanks

2) I'll go and have a play with the passenger seat then before I ring Renault. And then hope they know what they're doing :(

Thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
re the cubby hole, i think Nik was reffering to the space under the seat, there's a bar that runs on the bottom and behind the seat which can hold the two folders you get with the car (tyre foam one and the document folder) It's not like a plastic container or anything (The leon has an actual cubby holder).

Due to the seat being above it and the bars being all round it, it's a fairly secure area - nothing rolls about.

Both the drivers and passenger seat should slide when the seat leaver is pushed/pulled. You may need to give it as nudge as it's not exactly a smooth operation (Racing orientated seats are not usual in 3 door family cars). If it doesn't - get it fixed under warranty, there are little roller balls iirc that can easy shatter, if these have gone then that can stop the runners from moving when the seat should retract.

Reaction score
Just in case, I went out this morning and double checked. With the seat all the way back and all the way forward, with the seatc flipped forward there's no slide at all. So I've booked her in at Renault Altrincham tomorrow.

Didn't inspire much confidence though - "...got that, it's a Renault Clio 182 Trophy, so is that a three or a five door?"

Maybe if I can move the seat all the way around I'd get to see the storage under it...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nickc said:
Just in case, I went out this morning and double checked. With the seat all the way back and all the way forward, with the seatc flipped forward there's no slide at all. So I've booked her in at Renault Altrincham tomorrow.

Didn't inspire much confidence though - "...got that, it's a Renault Clio 182 Trophy, so is that a three or a five door?"

Maybe if I can move the seat all the way around I'd get to see the storage under it...

lmao, same question i got asked the very first time mine went back to the stealers. did they even make a 5 door clio?

Reaction score
he also asked me "what's the chassis number?" - I've already told him I'm sat at work, not at home. Let me think, I always remember the chassis number....

Reaction score
Are you kidding Cue? There are millions of five door Clios on the road, more than three doors probably. There's even a Clio Saloon in France, it looks really weird.

The seats don't slide when they're tilted but I think this has already been established. My passenger one went all weird for about a day after having it set forward to allow a passenger in the back. I gave it a good shove all the way back and it clicked and then was OK again. I think they're a bit temperamental.

The cubby hole is just the space under the seat! My two Renault wallets lived there for over a year because they fit perfectly and it frees up the glovebox for...gloves.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i can honestly say that unless it's an RS model i don't look at any Renaults to notice if they are 3/5 or 7 doors lol.

I think I had a 5 door last week as a courtesy car come to think of it..... as in Evo speak..... unless it has some element of Evoness it doesn't register on the radar.

Reaction score
Cars in at Renault now getting the seat looked at - I work just up the road and keep looking out of the window expecting to see my car being thrashed up to the M60 by some YTS trainee from the Renault dealer out for a "test drive"...

Reaction score
Cue said:
strange how my MPG reading drops 5-10 mpg everytime it goes into the stealers :evil:

when mine went in for the boot lock last month i just stuck a bit of paper on the dials with the mileage and an exclamation mark....when i picked it up it had only just ticked up 1 extra mile just from moving it around the forecourt as its a really long premesis.

was contempt with less than a mile!

Reaction score
Got her back! Seat fixed - it was a wire that had come off which was fixed under warranty (of course).

It was finished early and they'd washed her and even vacuumed the inside!

Now I've found the little cubby hole under the seat :)