Reaction score
I was looking at this car maybe as my next car but

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/204364.htm

It has a clip missing for the side skirt, is this common? Is what he really means, it needs a new side skirt? It needs a first service, I'm guessing this is an oil change at about £150? Also I owned a Clio Williams, which was quickly superceeded and hence lost a lot of its value very quickly, what with the new editions of the Clio, is it worth waiting a bit longer for the market to stabalize? Or as these cars are limited in spec and numbers made, they should retain more value than other 182's? The car above is within my price bracket and with low miles, albeit it has a kerbed alloy too :( Another quick point, my clio williams fell apart pretty quickly and also needed a gearbox rebuild at 18k miles, I'm hoping that the newer Clio's are better made?
I need a fun point to point B road muncher, my last two cars were a Integra Type R dc2, and a S2000, which was not too keen on bumpy roads, is the trophy the right car for the job? There was a 21k mile Trophy which sold for under 9k the other day which was cheap, but is there a list anywhere of cars that have been damaged and repaired? Not saying that car was damaged, but my first thought, was that it was too cheap.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
difficult to tell you more about the car as he has not mentioned the number and that is a stock photo. Think he must mean the small bit of plastic at the front of the door trim. Good price for a low mileage example but i would try to find out more.

Reaction score
I'll get the cars number, is the bit of plastic cheap and easy to replace? Do spare alloys ever come up for sale on here, as matching the colour may not be very easy :(

Reaction score
parity said:
I'm hoping that the newer Clio's are better made?

Thats open for debate :lol:

They are a brilliant little car though - I think I would ask for it to be serviced before buying though, just incase any other faults are picked up on

Sourcing a spare Turini shouldn't be a problem

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Disappointed that he hasn't serviced it yet with 12k on the clock, the oil must be black.

Not sure what he means by silver clip - the skirts are held on by either white or black clips i think (from memory).

it's not a bad price to buy at, quite low to sell at.

I wouldn't worry about the curbed alloy, unless its badly curbed. You don't mention where your from so I can't point you to a good independent but from a main dealer (which I wouldn't take it too as they are poo) would cost around £200. It'll be running low on oil and I bet the brake fluid is low also.

Re servicing, i'd prefer to have money knocked off the price and get it done myself. Trophy alloys can be had, there's one for sale at the moment.

They're specific to this car - you'd pay a dealer a fortune for one. 16" ET45 speedline turini in Anthractie.

Reaction score
I was thinking they are long service intervals, most of my cars I have serviced at 6k every miles, my motor bike I chnage every 2k! 12k miles seems a v.long time.
I think your right about the service though, as they always find something else wrong, but then again it is a 2005 car with very few miles on it, so what else could be wrong? ;)
I'm based near Cambridge, and have to travel about 25 miles of B roads to get to work every day, it takes longer than the A road route, but who cares, it's fun.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
parity said:
I was thinking they are long service intervals, most of my cars I have serviced at 6k every miles, my motor bike I chnage every 2k! 12k miles seems a v.long time.
I think your right about the service though, as they always find something else wrong, but then again it is a 2005 car with very few miles on it, so what else could be wrong? ;)
I'm based near Cambridge, and have to travel about 25 miles of B roads to get to work every day, it takes longer than the A road route, but who cares, it's fun.

the service interval are every 12k but i personally think the oil should be changed every 6k or 12 months as it deteriorates as soon as it's made.

You've got one of the best places on this earth on your door step to service the Trophy... lucky bugger... Angelworks.

Reaction score
i'd buy sooner rather than later, there are lots for sale at the moment which is why prices are low. Soon prices will be back up, and they do/will hold their value very well.

by silver clip he could mean the silver 'trophy' decal on the sideskirt???

i would imagine they are better built than a williams, shouldn't have to worry about gearboxes breaking at 12k miles.

they aren't any trouble over bumps, it was built for B roads..

i think thats everything...get buying! :D

Reaction score
the silver sill clip could be the rivet that holds the sill to the body think there is six in total running the length of the sill.

with regards to it being damgeded HPI it before you view, www.mycarcheck.com will do it for £9.99.

will need a service doing as it is due at 12k or 2 years, will need this for your warranty to be honoured by reno.

Reaction score
thats a "stock" renault photo not the actuall car...i bett they mean the silver "16v2.0" badge at the start of the bump strip,some theiving charva probably riped it off for his 1.2...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does nobody read the earlier posts :lol: think Will means the silver strip along the door sill, could be that i suppose.

TRL

Reaction score
Hey that was my car at just under £9K....and there's nowt wrong with it as Matt can testify. Fact is that my new Clio comes in september and the stealer offered me £6800 for it in PX....and I am in the trade!
I had to sell my car fast so priced it just below everyone else's - after selling cars for 16 years I have learnt that you must have a unique selling point when all you have to offer is exactly the same as everyone else - there are loads of trophys for sale with 20K up, and funny enough they are all the same colour and spec...and that was my issue.
The car is now sold, it was HPI clean and a real bargain, so don't always be put off by something too cheap...
This site is great for researching the cars for sale as most have history here and you can trace the previous owners posts to confirm the car is straight - which is what I did before I bought mine.
The trouble with the prices at the moment is that everyone selling is acting like lemmings and following everyone else's price...so you end up with 20 cars for sale at £11K and nobody buying.
Personally I would play it safe and buy a clean one off Steve at ALLVehicles, as he would have prepped his cars, HPI checked them and has priced them a touch below the average private sale, which proves people are over pricing them.
I am sure once the summer rush ends prices will level up a bit, it's only people like me having to panic sale to fund the next purchase that causes a few headaches for everyone else in the meantime. Sorry and all that.... :oops:

Reaction score
parity said:
There was a 21k mile Trophy which sold for under 9k the other day which was cheap, but is there a list anywhere of cars that have been damaged and repaired? Not saying that car was damaged, but my first thought, was that it was too cheap.

TRL said:
Hey that was my car at just under £9K....and there's nowt wrong with it as Matt can testify.

Yep, indeed the example was a minter from where I could see. Owned by an obvious car enthusiast....and any car that gets a complete zymol'ing within the first week of ownership is obviously going to be more than looked after.....one of the best number plates too :wink:

If someone needs a fast sale then they are obviously going to reduce the price, as TRL says, don't always assume something is wrong with a cheaper car.

I did actually see your car ad on PH the other day TRL, congrats on the sale tho!

makes them rarer in the area i suppose :lol: where is the new owner based?