Trophy on Hadknott pass

Reaction score
Me and my other half drove the Hardknott Pass in March in his Scooby Forrester. Take my hat off to you doing in the the Trophy!! When they say steep - they mean steep!

Great pics :D

Reaction score
great pics however can I recommend getting some Silvatecs? :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very nice pics - reminds me of the time my cousin and I drove it a couple of years back... in her 1.1l Citroen Saxo. It struggled on some of those ascents I can tell you...

Talking of Hardknott the good lady and I will very likely be driving it the first weekend in August (in my Trophy as her Type-R is having a break!) so I'm hoping for good weather. :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I was in 1st gear all the way up ! As you can see i stopped half way up to take a pic, and setting off again was very scary ! [-o< I decided to leave the traction control on.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes.
Further Down the road after you get to the bottom of hardknott pass there is a road which takes you over 'Birker Fell'. This is by far the best driving road in the area ! Its filled with sweeping bends and the whole road opens up so you can see at least 3 or 4 corners ahead ! Its driving heaven. Its normally a pretty quiet road too, but this isnt really a problem as you can see whats coming in plenty of time.
Just watch out for sheep !