Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
CUP will you get off your high horse and shut the fuck up. I have not deleted anything from the garage, now stop being an idiot.

You say your car has gone, so I have done my best to find out what has happened, and when asking for info from you, you just send back useless garbage that is of no help to me.

I don't know why you think i'd remove your car that makes no sense at all. There is all sorts of cars in there, why would i delete yours? I think its pretty arrogant that you seem to think that i've deleted your car because i somehow feel threatened by the number of views it's getting or the amount of money you have spent on it. This site is open to anyone and cars of just about any make and model can be posted in the gallery. If i only wanted Trophy's in there why are all the other cars still there?

Last time your car disappeared because of a mistake you made in categorising the car but i resolved it for you. This time there is no trace of it in the database so i can only presume you accidentally clicked the delete car button at some point.

To be honest if you are going to be like this then i'm not going to bother going to any more effort in trying to find out what has happened.

And for gods sake TURN OFF THE FUCKING CAPS LOCK!

Reaction score
Well said Nick. I STRUGGLE WITH THE CAPS LOCK SOMETIMES, but try to keep myself a little less excited. Although thanks to Steve and Hoolio I can now post pics, so could be difficult to restrain myself!

Reaction score
Quick question. Why are forums so down on CAPS (sorry) caps lock? Never ave been able to work that one out. :?

Day

Reaction score
Those pesky trophy owners removing anything thats not a trophy from the gallery.

GET FUCKING REAL! :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh well, more abusive PM's..

It's people like this that make me wonder why I bother sometimes.

Goodbye CUP.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well i hope its because out of the four sites i visit this is by far the best!

Reaction score
Nik said:

The proportion of people who really appreciate what you are doing here Nik is far greater than the trouble makers, as a great man once said "Keep the Faith"! :lol:

Yes it was Bon Jovi!

Reaction score
Nik said:

Then hopefully you remember how excellent this forum can be sometimes, smiling quietly to yourself for being responsible for its creation :)
Thanks old bean

Reaction score
Well said Nik, that guy had a serious chip on his shoulder. FFS they're not that much more expensive - just buy a Trophy and then you won't feel inadequate anymore. :wink:

Shabba - In answer to your query, I think most forum users are intolerant of caps lock because in the conversational context of a forum, typing in upper case gives the impression of shouting when reading the text, because the voice in the front of the mind is of elevated amplitude and tension. This can be tiring when reading lots of posts and also gives indication of a lazy or thoughtless person. You wouldn't print a letter after all, it's actually incorrect English.

Personally, I'm not really bothered by it, as a forum is a environment where freedom of speech is paramount, and often a place where your true feelings can be expressed without fear of retribution (often why people are far ruder to each other on-line than in reality).

Oh and CUP - Don't send offensive messages to Nik when he does nothing but help people on here you little cu nt.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What made the guy absolutely convinced that I deliberately went out of my way to delete his car from the garage I dont know. I barely ever look in the garage, it was just a nice feature i added back when i built the forum.

I dont know him, have never met him so have absolutely no personal reason why i wouldn't want his car in there, and as for only wanting trophy's, take a look and you'll see that there's all sorts of cars of different makes and models in there, so why wouldn't i want a 182 cup in it? Seems like a severe case of paranoia to me.

I dont know why his garage entry is no longer there, maybe it's a bug somwhere in the garage code (it is a bit flakey as some others of you have experienced), or maybe he accidentally hit the delete car option, but either way I dont appreciate being told to go f**k myself and my f**king forum when I try to help.

Thanks to every other member who's ever been on this website for being 100 times more reasonable :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nik, while were on the subject of the garage - when i go to edit vehicle, it wont let me save it because the field "model" is left as "please select" as there are no option to select which model - are you aware of this?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
Nik, while were on the subject of the garage - when i go to edit vehicle, it wont let me save it because the field "model" is left as "please select" as there are no option to select which model - are you aware of this?

Yeah, this is a problem a few people have had. It seems to be on certain browsers, Safari on the Mac, and some versions of IE7 beta.

I am considering rebuilding the forum in the new year, but until then i'm afraid i can only suggest trying another browser, or sending me the info and i'll create it for you.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Cue said:

Yeah, this is a problem a few people have had. It seems to be on certain browsers, Safari on the Mac, and some versions of IE7 beta.

I am considering rebuilding the forum in the new year, but until then i'm afraid i can only suggest trying another browser, or sending me the info and i'll create it for you.

after emailing you last week Nik i've moved from the beta version to the Release Candidate version, same problem still. reminds me i must try edit the car on the folks PC and see what happens....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, just thought good idea, will try logging in with firefox and it worked :)

not sure whats going on with IE7 :?

Status
Not open for further replies.