Trophy Insurance Renewal

Reaction score
So last year i was 25 with 5 years NCB, and was paying around £565 for fully comp insurance on my Trophy.

Recieved my renewal today ( 25 with 6 years NCB ) and i almost fell over which shock, its gone up to £858, so after some shopping around and alot of googling and phone calls, the cheapest quote ive managed to get is £550 with protected NCB's.

So ive told Direct Line where to stick their renewal quote and taken out a new policy, can't understand why its gone up by over £300 though! madness!

Reaction score
Mens insurance is going to be balanced with women's at the end of next year so us guys will all see a substantial drop in premiums still a long way off though :(

With regards to your insurance going up, insurance quotes fluctuate every day and some-days can be a lot lower than another!
Also with my insurer (Elephant) I had a renewal come through at £1400 full comp however when I then did a money supermarket search on insurance quotes elephant were quoting me the best at only 800 !! So being a little confused with the two VERY different quotes I gave them a ring and they explained. The reason the internet quote is so much cheaper was due to the fact that its an introductory quote trying to get more customers. The lady on the phone advised me to cancel with elephant and not accept the renewal then take the quoted 800 pound offer !!!
Crazy !

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've read on here that a few peoples insurance has recently gone up. Mine has dropped around £100 each year I renew, it's now £650 with 5 years protected NCB (24 years old). I was hoping for a decent drop next year when I hit the magic 25 mark.

Reaction score
Robh18 said:
Also with my insurer (Elephant) I had a renewal come through at £1400 full comp however when I then did a money supermarket search on insurance quotes elephant were quoting me the best at only 800 !! So being a little confused with the two VERY different quotes I gave them a ring and they explained. The reason the internet quote is so much cheaper was due to the fact that its an introductory quote trying to get more customers. The lady on the phone advised me to cancel with elephant and not accept the renewal then take the quoted 800 pound offer !!!
Crazy !

I experienced exactly the same thing last year with Direct Line. My renewal quote came through at £610 (up by £45), but went on the Direct Line website and did a quote as a new customer which worked out at £540 or thereabouts!

Reaction score
BenG said:
I've read on here that a few peoples insurance has recently gone up. Mine has dropped around £100 each year I renew, it's now £650 with 5 years protected NCB (24 years old). I was hoping for a decent drop next year when I hit the magic 25 mark.

I always though it dropped significantly when you reach 25, and having just renewed now being 25 its not significant at all. I asked a guy who worked at admiral and he told me it basically doesnt, more like when you hit your 30's. :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My renewal came in at £300 more than previous year,

I ended up getting it £200 cheaper than the previous year with the addition of 3 points, no claims protection, 1 non fault accident, able to drive other cars with thirday party insurance, like for like modification insurance and no more charges for mods (200bhp limit)

''rising insurance costs'' - only for the idiots who just accept their renewal

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ed55j said:
BenG said:

I always though it dropped significantly when you reach 25, and having just renewed now being 25 its not significant at all. I asked a guy who worked at admiral and he told me it basically doesnt, more like when you hit your 30's. :(

30's! :shock:. I'll be old by then...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
30's! :shock:. I'll be old by then...

Easy young whipper snapper, us oldies also enjoy our cars and some of us even drive them!

Oh and by the way we also have cheap insurance :twisted:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hehe, I can't argue with that :) .

To be fair J you are the most coolest old person i've met :wink:

Reaction score
Renewal prices are always higher, as most people just carry on their direct debits - easy money to be made.

My insurance is £450 fully comp (classic policy) at 29 with all mods declared, 5k miles per annum & agreed valuation.