Reaction score
I was turning right when you passed gave you a wave and you waved back. Reg was T9 PHY i think. anyone on here?

Dan.

Reaction score
That is my car, but my partner Emma had borrowed it for work today. She told me when she got home and was excited about the fact she borrowed the car for one day and saw another Trophy when I never see any, well apart from the one that's always sat in her office car park with guy she works with!

Aaron.

Reaction score
oh right typical. Well you might see me next time as i think im the nearest trophy to you in northampton. :D Believe it or not i actually went to look at your car last year at a mazda garage in milton keynes.

Reaction score
Yeah that was before they became a Renault dealer.

I met the salesman just before Christmas and he was no longer working for them. He told me after I had got them to do a full cam/aux belt change and 5 year service at 24K 4years which took there workshop a day and half before I would buy the car, the 12 months Renault warrenty, and then the discount I also managed to wrangle they made about £100 on the car if they were lucky!

He was thankful to have left, really nice guy as well, but would not work for that group again. And in fact was working for Next when I met him and he said it was a real relief after working in car sales for nearly 20years.

I have no regrets buying my car I love it :D

Reaction score
sounds like you got a really good deal because it was a real mint car. When i looked at it the salesman didn't have a clue and tbh i dont think he even cared if i bought it or not and there was no talk about cam belts or servicing or any discount so i walked away. I think you were lucky they changed to renault when they did :D

Reaction score
Yeah guy I bought it from was from Southern Ireland, really nice chap and knew his cars, had all sorts from Caterhams to Fiat 20V Coupes.

Though before I bought it I came on here found the last owner and asked him some questions about the car.

They didn't have a clue that there was a 6disc CD changer under passenger seat until I showed them, and that the Richbrook gearknob was not OEM, though I'm glad it's there as the OEm one is not so nice. Then there was the K&N drop in filter and that the full red Samco hose set was not original, as I wanted it pointed out before they did the service and gave the warrenty for work done to insure that if anything did go worng they couldn't wriggle out by saying it had non standard parts fitted. It also had the wiper stalk modification, the sunvisors with built in lights etc from full fat 182, so lots of nice little touches that saved me doing them.

So they did all the work, stamped the books, gave me a weeks free insurance and 12 months warrenty.

Maybe next time it will be me driving the car when you see and not Emma, though she may have it again tomorrow when I keep her FTO home to replace all the brakes pads.