Reaction score
The time has come to part with my Trophy.

I actually had it up for sale in Feb & had quite a bit of intrest. But alas I had to withdraw from sale as the the deal on my replacement fell through & a day later my wonderful baby daughter was born..... 8 weeks early.

33K miles
Aux Belt Feb 2009
Sachs Refurbished Aug 2009

Have owned for over 2 years with my wife driving for the last year since I got my R26.

It really is stunning condition all polished up in the garage waiting for its new owner. Becoming harder to find with low miles & no modifications.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1712184.htm

Reaction score
I think your tax has run out...

2005 55 Plate first registered 09-October-05

33,000 miles
Tax Sept 09
MOT till 9th Oct 2010

Had any interest yet?

Reaction score
Ha trying your luck

An untaxed car selling for the same as an 8000mile example couple mounths ago

Reaction score
Thanks for that used the advert template that I used when I sold our 182 last year.

Hopefully updated now. I think there are only 3 on Pistonheads (if you ignore the blue & silver ones of course!!!) at the moment so pretty thin on the ground.

Had a couple of calls & couple of PM's. Everyone is miles away.

Pretty close to Allvehicles so anyone checking out his stock could check out my car & vice/versa.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You talk about how the car has been treated well in its midlife (same as mine).
But the fact that the disks and pads were replaced after only 12kmiles speaks volumes about the way its been driven... be careful how you market it.
Aucky

Ps. I didnt want to comment on the thread cos it seems like a nice example, and new brakes are a good thing. but if they need new'ns after 12kmiles, it hasnt had an easy ride in the most important part of it's life!
Good luck with the sale! :)

Reaction score
you might also want to not mention that your wife has been using it for the last year, there have been many comments about cars advertised as" female owned" lately... non of them positive.

Reaction score
Some strange replies. I doubt you will have any trouble at all selling this. Ticks the boxes for cared for, quality appearance and damper refurb. Sensible miles for the age.

Reaction score
SOLD :D

To some very nice people.

To add probably the most interest I have ever had in any car I have owned.

My driveway is now all Black & White with a R26 & 197 Cup. Both Glacier White with Black Wheels & Mirrors. Who said you have to grow up.

Neither as much fun as the Trophy but both make a good stab at it with some extra practicality for my little baby girl.

Reaction score
aucky said:
You talk about how the car has been treated well in its midlife (same as mine).
But the fact that the disks and pads were replaced after only 12kmiles speaks volumes about the way its been driven... be careful how you market it.
Aucky

My pads were replaced at 11k and discs and pads at 24k. The discs had started to corrode rather than wear thin as the OEM ones are made of swiss cheese. I wouldn't say that was unusually quick in this case, I wasn't hammering mine.

Reaction score
I agree with Johnny, the front discs are prone to rusting very badly within a few years.

Reaction score
Yeh my discs had plently of beef left on them but failed the mot due to heavy corrosion so had to be changed. Also as the discs were corroded they ate the pads too.
Cant believe i had to drop to 6.5k when i sold mine 6 months ago with similar mileage and belt and shocks serviced. :cry:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
tractor said:
Yeh my discs had plently of beef left on them but failed the mot due to heavy corrosion so had to be changed. Also as the discs were corroded they ate the pads too.
Cant believe i had to drop to 6.5k when i sold mine 6 months ago with similar mileage and belt and shocks serviced. :cry:

Mine had exactly the same issue last year at the MOT. Replaced them with something that was more up to the job instead of the French cheese they fit instead of brakes! :)

Reaction score
Yeah I did not bother getting drawn into the disc discussion. But the previous owner said he had changed them for corrosion.

Asking Price Yes.

I see people undervaluing there cars on these forums constantly. I see two groups of buyers.

1. Those that love Clio's and see the Trophy as a little better than a 182.
2. Those who see it as the best FWD Car or Hot Hatch Built & a future classic like E30 M3, P1, Corrado VR6, Racing Puma etc.

People in the latter group recognise it as a bargain & just want the best they can find..