Reaction score
"imagine very sad music whilst you read this"

Driving to work this morning, in stop start traffic. Started to move off and got up to speed when the car infront slowed down rather rapidly. I eased to a stop nice and slowly and then in slow motion got whacked up the arse. The bird behind had been sitting up my arse for a good few miles.
To say i wasn't happy is an understatement. Appologies to all who got stuck in the traffic jam which was created. The back bumper is ruined and all caved in, the left tail pipe is bent and god knows what else has been done.
Spent two hours stapped to a spine board in A&E, 10 x-rays later and i got a foam collar. woohoo. Doped upto the eye balls now on some damn good stuff.

Does anyone know what else may be effected by a shut from behind? I'm going to get it done at renault garage so all bits will be kosher. And on her insurance too.

Interesting bit, when i was chatting to the policeman, we got talking about cars, and he was impressed with the Clio, said they went like shit off a shovel. He said he was chasing someone in a 182 last week in his T5 and the Clio got away. The handling on them was just too good. Thumbs up from bill by the sounds of it.

I'll be back though. with a nice shiney new rear bumper and new exhaust.

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear it mate.

Not sure how hard the hit was but I would imagine the following *could* have been affected...

Bumper, Bootlid, Exhausts, Rear Wings, Boot Floor, Lights and then onto things like Suspension, Wheels etc if it was a harder impact.

Glad to hear you are ok, thats the main thing - injuries don't just T-cut out!

Reaction score
sorry to hear about that mate glad you ok bar a slightly twingle of the neck !!

Just think on the slightly positive side new arse end for the beast and a well entiled claims direct (been in an accident in the last three years and it wasn't your fault?) :lol:
As silly as it soulds try to keep coller on aslong as possible will get more money on the payout. :wink:

So few days of work for you then?? Payed leave??

Regarding any other damage may have slight damage to fuel tank etc but be covered only one i would be very careful checking is the arches as if they have bent sligtly the bumper may not sit as flush as it used to but fingers crossed.

Hope she is back in your hands asap

Regards David

Reaction score
I'm on contract till feb so i don't get paid sick, so i'll be claiming for that. I dunno about whip lash, i don't feel too bad, but i've heard it hurts worse a few days later. I think the docs were worried i'd done in my spine. I'll nip to the docs either friday or monday to get some more of these great drugs.
The crash wasn't at any great speed at all. I was pretty much stopped. I'll get the renault boys to check over the car with a fine toothed comb, spare no money. I just don't want to discover something a year down the line, which was caused by this.
Even got breathalised, not my fault at all in the slightest but they said its routine. Nice coppers though, he loved the car too, well the front and the seats. ha.

I'm just gutted, i've been driving nicely in the Clio, o.k had a few mad ones late at night, but on the whole i've been driving the car with great care and not caining it too much, i've tried to keep it clean and then this happens.

Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this news. I hope you are ok.

As for the car, check the roof for creases too, although I doubt the impact was big enough. Like faze said, check the suspension an inner side of the alloys for damage. I pray that your suspension is ok, as they will be horrendous to try and replace. But if the speed of impact was fairly low, you should be ok. Also check that the main side doors are shutting ok.

Whiplash will kick in tomorrow or the next day if you have it. You'll probably just get a really stiff neck. Luckily those Recaros will have saved you from a lot of grief in this department, they are good seats.

Keep us posted.

Reaction score
You dont want to hear this, but if the impact was hard enough to put you in ae, it wont drive right again. It will have been weakend in the impact and will have lots of small creases in the shell. This will reduce rigidity and therefore handling. Basically you will have a floppy shell. Small geometry changes in the shell will alter the suspension geometry too.

My advice is mend it and sell it, and get a new one. Or buy a new shell. :cry:

Reaction score
the police advised it should go to a&e, i didn't get taken there i went. I'll see what Renault say.
I've heard from her insurance and they said take it to renault, get a courtesy car, they will pay excess, also medical bills etc. Looks like there won't be any faffing about which is good.

Reaction score
Did you take any pics? It would be interesting (for us) to see the damage so we'd have a better idea.

Like Stromba says, if the impact is bad enough, the car will not be right. But I would have though if the subframe is ok, there shouldn't be much that can't be fixed??? And surely a new shell could go on insurance?

Just read your reply... sound ok then! Phew.

Reaction score
I've given my old mans digital camera back to him. It looks sad, the left side tail pipe is bend and the right is now shorter than the left, the bumper is cracked and smashed, and sticking out the passengers side near the wheel arch. I've had a look inside the boot, which just about opens and shuts, but can't see any damage to the body. But i'm no mechanic. I hope the car will be fixed and done by christmas, and i hope i get a 182 as a courtesy car. But i'll probably get a modus :-(

At the end of the day, i'm o.k, just sore, she is o.k. Just the car, and that is insured. I'm just gutted, my little baby is sitting on the drive and she is hurt :cry:

Reaction score
Typical Bint! Women safer drivers?

Totally Gutted for you mate... Hopefully the dampers and rear suspention are ok. Fingers crossed it's just a bodywork, lights and exhaust job. If not then get renault to put another one aside for you if there's any left.

Milk that Injury Like Paul D said. Hopefully the docs will give you more "damn good stuff" to keep the pain away!

Reaction score
Tailgater's =D> when will they learn! #-o

Sorry to hear of this, hope it gets sorted soon!

Reaction score
damm i feel for you mate.

As TomS says when will these idiot tailgaters learn!! Thing that pisses me off about them is most don't even seem to be in a hurry yet they just sit on your ass! :evil:

Reaction score
I could understand if i was sitting in the outside (overtaking) lane for mile after mile and not moving over. Or sitting in the middle lane of a three lane section but i wasn't. It was busy morning rush our traffic which doesn't go anywhere fast and she still wanted to get past me.
I think from now on i'll leave ten mins earlier and go the back lanes to work. Bit longer, bit more juice, but if people sit up my arse down there, well fool on them.
Her insurance company is being more helpful than mine. Mine say to take it to X garage, hers have said to take it where ever i like. They have had BUPA contact me, and a solicitor about compensation.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you accident DB, must be so annoying when the accident is not your fault at all! :evil:

Glad to hear that things are moving along with the insurance company though, the last thing you need after an accident is for the insurance companies to drag their heels!

Reaction score
Amen to that. Keep pressing them. If you have heard anything for 2 days, make a phone call. It took me 2 months to sort out my crash, but that was because I didn't understand to amount of effort in chasing everyone constantly...

Reaction score
Just got back from the accident repair place. The back bumper needs replacing, another part at the back, the exhaust, the boot liner is crumpled. Asked them to put it on a jig to check allignments etc.
Just had an email from my insurance saying won't effect NCD as her insurers have today admitted full liability.
Just a bit gutted as i'll always know its been in a crash, it will be on the cars records also. Bit of an arse, although i'm not planning to sell it, so i'll just have to grin and suffer.
Drove the back way home from work today, people tried to sit up my arse, but after a few bendies, they gave up.

Reaction score
Right, have been given the o.k by the assessor and her insurance company. The garage have rung and they want me to take it in, 4-5 day days they think. What i want to know is am i in my rights if i say to them i don't want it taken for a test drive. I don't want anyone driving it unless it is to move the car. I will be photographing the mileage and telling them so. As its only bodywork and nothing mechanical it shouldn't need a test drive.

What do you guys think.

I'm only worried because my grandfather used to work in a garage. Someone brought in a Dino and everyone and i mean everyone took the car out for a spin. I know the Trophy isn't a Dino, but there must be a few mechanics who would like to see what its all about.

Reaction score
I think the best way to get this started with the garage is to ask them if they will test drive the car, and if so why. If there is no reason for them to be out driving it, then yes, take a piccy of the mileage and let them know that you have done so and that if the mileage has gone up an unexpected amount then you will be using the photo evidence to begin action against them!

Good luck, hope it all goes without any problems! :D

Reaction score
It does say they will take out car for a test drive. I'll have a chat when i take the car in. I just don't want anyone using the car except me. This has caused arguements with the gf but lets be honest she will ruin the car. She is a brid and they can't drive. Well mine can't she is stupid (she will never read this site so i can really slag her off)

Anyway now blockbuster have just pissed me off, just went to rent the new star wars, got home, made some toast and a cuppa. The silly twat has left the security device in, can't open the box.