Trophy being killed for spares

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
He will be when they are worth £20,000 each in 20 years time, they made 5,000 Lotus Cortinas in the 1960s, they are worth £45000 each now.

Reaction score
^^The same could be said for any car! Enjoy it now, not in 20 years. But your right i would have thought there would be better uses for it!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Get ready to see a lot more of this, some seem to be reaching that tipping point where it is worth more to break than sell as a whole. On a purely selfish note, it makes the rest of ours rarer.

Reaction score
Why would you keep that with damage to most panels. It's a breakers yard. They'll just sell off the good bits and crush it for immediate profit. It will never be worth much restored.

Reaction score
I feel it comes down to what you believe the trophy to be, is it is either a clio with flash suspension which has a life of approx 10 years like most french cars, or it is the last of the proper hot hatches, before they became sterile, I feel they should be used, but not abused. but question if in 20 years they will be wanted and remembered in the same way I remember the R5 turbo, that I could never afford, or the KR1s two stroke motorbike I blew up.