Reaction score
Hi folks, thought id share my nightmare day, driving down the road with the mrs coming back from shopping when a very nice lady decided to cut across me and drive in to the front wing and bumper. So gota get new wing, bumper and alloy wheel. Got all her details and rang my insurance gave the details and they dont think she was insured so gota wait and see whether see has any. There appears to be no other damage but its going in to be looked at by a renault garage. Not a good day. :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nightmare, there are still options even if she wasn't insured.

Give me a pm if you get stuck - work in motor claims ;-)

Reaction score
Gutted for you, it doesn't matter how careful you are there is always things out of your control.

Hope the trophy gets better soon

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: Bad luck mate, hope you get it sorted.

Reaction score
Hi. Just thought id update you on progress of the car. its in garage at the mo beeing fixed which is good, should be back with me next week. But the girl who hit me had no insurance no licence and wasnt her car. so Gota soak up the £600 excess untill my insurance can try and get the money out of her.

Reaction score
Good to hear yours is in the mend.

It really annoys me that people drive illegally in this country and then walk away with a slap on the wrist.

No insurance = 6 Months custodial sentence
No Licence = 6 Months custodial sentence
No Rfl = 6 Months Custodial Sentence

Commint all 3 Offences 2 years minimum

If everyone was aware that they were the standard issue punishments, no court appearence, no judge, no jury. Just straight to jail do not pass go do not collect £200
Then i'm sure some people would think twice before they did it.

Oh and i'm not one for filling the prisons at the tax payers expense, so everyone serving time would be subject too 8 hours hard labour each day to pay for there up keep, just like every law abiding citizen does.

Wow i'm getting old, i'm starting to moan a lot #-o

Reaction score
480bhp.com said:
Good to hear yours is in the mend.

It really annoys me that people drive illegally in this country and then walk away with a slap on the wrist.

If everyone was aware that they were the standard issue punishments, no court appearence, no judge, no jury. Just straight to jail do not pass go do not collect £200
Then i'm sure some people would think twice before they did it.

Oh and i'm not one for filling the prisons at the tax payers expense, so everyone serving time would be subject too 8 hours hard labour each day to pay for there up keep, just like every law abiding citizen does.

Wow i'm getting old, i'm starting to moan a lot #-o

Well said! I'm voting for you at the next election!

Jay

Reaction score
Agreed!

And perhaps double the sentence if they hit a Trophy [-X

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
to be fair the reduction in premiums which would result in getting say 80% of illegal drivers off the road would easily compensate against the increase in tax.

Reaction score
480bhp.com said:

And a 12 month ban for each, from when they LEAVE prison. And if they have no licence in the first place cut the bastards hands and feet off so they can't drive. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And each sentence or fine is double every time the offence is repeated. S0 a 16 year old "joy" rider would get 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 4, 8, 16, 32... by which time they be very old. (I think the judicial system should do this accross the board anyway)

and I agree that the prisoners should be working. Get them into sweat shops making cheap tat we all love so much. Or chain gangs scraping gum off the streets and cleaning public toilets and public transport. Or picking up cigarette ends. :twisted: