Trophy #449 Progress Thread

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi All,

Having recently purchased Trophy #449 from forum member SOS I thought it worth starting a progress thread to keep a record of what is being done to get it tip top.

Here is a picture of the car shortly after purchase having been fully valeted inside and out:

attachment.php

The car went straight in to Mark Fish Motorsport so that Mr Fish could work his magic making sure the car was mechanically sound. The car was on 70,122miles so needed a few bits doing.

He carried out the following:

• Full vehicle inspection including road test.
  • Annual service.
  • New filters.
  • Replaced belts, tensioners and pulleys.
  • New cam blank seals and bolt.
  • Changed outer CVJ gaiter clips and new grease.
  • Replaced offside gearbox output seal.
  • Drained and changed gearbox oil.
  • Full set of wiper blades.
  • Repositioned offside dip beam bulb.
  • Re-sealed inlet manifold cover bolts.
  • Secured exhaust centre box/pipe with new clamp.
  • Reset front dampers.
  • Secured primary lambda wire.
  • Relocated nearside rear axle brake pipe.
  • Greased handbrake cable ends.
  • Replaced nearside rear wheel with Genuine Renault Trophy item.

Plus a list of itemised washers, oils, greases and fluids etc.

Would like to say at this point how impressed I was with Mark's knowledge, professionalism and genuine passion for these cars. Highly recommended.

The car today sits on 70,165miles meaning I am yet to have even driven it 100miles but with this weather and it being my 3rd car its hard to warrant taking it out on anything but a dry bright day.

attachment.php

Next on the list was a set of rear boot struts as I quickly realised the originals were shot when the boot fell on my head! Much to the amusement of my partner.

attachment.php

I then had a set of new Michelin Pilot Sport 3s put onto the car and the wheels all balanced and the car realigned/tracked. This effectively concluded the 'mechanical' items that the car required so the following changes have all been cosmetic.

I started by finishing off its shoes by replacing all the bolts and locking wheel nuts with polarised TPI items.

attachment.php

A set of genuine Renaultsport mats were purchased along with new rear numberplate light and gear knob insert.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The final change so far was the addition of its new plate:

attachment.php

Further future plans include the following:

• Replace heater control panel. (I have purchased a new one as the current one has cracked, however the idea of doing this scares the hell out of me as I am no great DIY type!)
  • Re-paint door handles due to pink tinge.
  • Replace carbon fibre front splitter with OEM one.
  • Refurbish headlights. (I have been over them once using the 3m refurbishment kit and they are a lot better but not perfect)
  • Full professional paint correction detail and tend to a couple of minor scuffs here and there.

That is all that is on the list for now. The main goal is to get out and enjoy on occasion what should be a fantastic example of a fantastic car. Just need the weather to play ball and give me a freakish December weekend day of sunshine.

I will continue to update as I go for all that are interested. If any of you live close to Ware, Hertfordshire do let me know as would be good to catch up with another owner as haven't seen a Trophy on the roads round here for years.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_3835.JPG
    IMG_3835.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3841.JPG
    IMG_3841.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3840.JPG
    IMG_3840.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3839.JPG
    IMG_3839.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3838.JPG
    IMG_3838.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
nice thread Chris!

i was after this one but you get there just before me :) - looks like a great car.

your to do list looks very similar to mine.

i am in essex so i might actually see another trophy on the road in life.

AJH

good luck and look forward to

SoS

Reaction score
Nice to see the old bus getting some tlc, it took a while to decide to sell and I was sad to see it go! It was a great car for me, but I just didn't use it enough in the last 12 months.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nice thread Chris!

i was after this one but you get there just before me :) - looks like a great car.

your to do list looks very similar to mine.

i am in essex so i might actually see another trophy on the road in life.

AJH

good luck and look forward to

I think the key with these cars is to enjoy them as they 'came out the box' so just looking to get the car to perfection. Luckily not too much to do on this one as had been really well looked after.

One of the funny things was that when I went through the extensive history I was provided, I found this car had been bought from Renault in Ware. So the car has come back to the place from which it was once sold.

Sadly the dealership no longer exists.

Good luck and hope you enjoy trophy ownership as much as I am.

I'm about an hour from you

Thank you.

If you're ever passing this way give me a shout.

Nice to see the old bus getting some tlc, it took a while to decide to sell and I was sad to see it go! It was a great car for me, but I just didn't use it enough in the last 12 months.

The man himself! Indeed, it is getting there.

Hope all is well with you Nigel.

Reaction score
Nice work mate getting bits sorted out. The Magneti Marrelli rear boot struts are great bought a set for mine. :)