Reaction score
Hi......bit of a long shot this.
Might anyone know anything about Trophy number 285 please?
Can't find it on the register.
Spotted it for sale recently.
Very many tanks for any information.
Stephen.

Reaction score
Saw it on t'internet. Spend far too much time trawling Autotrader, eBay, p/h etc! Haven't seen it in the flesh.

Reaction score
Thanks. Made a note of the reg with intention of asking my son, who used to own a Clio Trophy, if it meant anything to him. It's YH55 BBN.

Reaction score
Bought this earlier today at BCA Preston. So please stand by for lots of elementary questions.

Reaction score
I was bidding on this today , went well over the guide price seemed like the traders were all over it.

Reaction score
Many thanks. I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from this forum. And to driving the car.

Reaction score
OK.....here we go with the questions. ESP warning light is on so I've had the brake light switch off, pulled the 'plunger' out, reinstalled the switch and let the 'plunger' find its own level.
ESP light is still on and brake lights are working fine. So I'm guessing the switch is OK. Any guidance, please, on what to look at next.
Also, exhaust gas monitor light is on so I'll check out the Lambda sensors. Are the two sensors interchangeable please? Many thanks for any help.
Stephen.

Reaction score
Many thanks.....I'll get the wheel off and have a look.

Reaction score
Might be worth checking for tyre wear. I had a similar problem when I bought mine, the ex owner had replaced one tyre - so three worn and one new, this resulted in differential wheel speed which was confusing the esp/abs brain . When I changed all four (which I did on day 1) everything was ok.

Reaction score
Might be worth checking for tyre wear. I had a similar problem when I bought mine, the ex owner had replaced one tyre - so three worn and one new, this resulted in differential wheel speed which was confusing the esp/abs brain . When I changed all four (which I did on day 1) everything was ok.
Thanks for this thought. Made me realise I hadn't taken the elementary step of checking tyre pressures! Both rears on 30psi; front driver's side 32psi; front passenger side 29psi. Might this ~10% difference on the front befuddle the esp?
Can't check this by correcting the front passenger side to 32psi and taking the car for a run because I've currently got the lambda sensors off the car awaiting a new one.