Reaction score
noticed there are some trophy parts on the bay from what looks like No.223....exhaust, wheels, mats (described as genuine but clearly not)
looked in the owners register but no mention of its demise...
has it been scrapped?

Reaction score
There is a Trophy on ebay, a pic of it all smashed up, but when u read the bit below it says its a 04 plate 182 cup??
Not sure if its the same one that you found though?

Reaction score
if you search on trophy you will find some grubby trophy mats that are being sold as "original" :D even though they are after market items with the car number sewn in (223) just why another trophy owner would want a pair of mats with a different number to theirs is a wonder...click on other item from seller and it looks like they are breaking the car...
so i'm wondering if 223 is no more, no doubt the trophy seats going around last week are from the same car.
should this be reflected in the register?

Reaction score
yes 223 is no more, i went to see the car as live in norfolk, wanted the recaros out of it which had already sold unfortunatly.

Reaction score
Here's the pic from Cit-ren. Looks like it was involved in some kind of typical winter accident. Someone went into the back of it, which meant it hit someone in front. Or 223 went into back of someone and was then rear ended. Sorry state of affairs.

Although I have got a very mint looking Speedline and healthy Exalto for peanuts.

[attachment=0:9z5w4d59]Trophy.jpg[/attachment:9z5w4d59]

Attachments

• Trophy.jpg
    Trophy.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 267
Reaction score
Yes i can confirm this is true its number 223 my pal bought the seat's. It must have been bad there was blood on the driver's seat !!!

Reaction score
scott said:
I had my eye on the dampers, they still had a few days left on them but then they disapeared, TW%TS!

Me too, think they were suppose to end today (well untill they dissapeared), full set aswell as opose to just the fronts

Reaction score
i wouldn't take a chance on Cit-Ren tbh... i expect the dampers will be sold as undamaged but the reality will be different :?

Reaction score
Indeed chap my pal bouhgt the recaro's from cit-ren and was told they are imaculate when he got them one was soaking wet with blood and glass all over it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
t12eed said:
Indeed chap my pal bouhgt the recaro's from cit-ren and was told they are imaculate when he got them one was soaking wet with blood and glass all over it.
that doesn't sound good, i hope no one was hurt...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have the passenger wing mirror on my car and was also told it was in perfect condition, when it arrived it was covered in scratches and the locating pegs were snapped off the colour coded surround.

Reaction score
The Speedline that arrived with me this week was 'as described' and Cit-ren were good enough to follow my request to wrap the outside in bubble wrap and tape to ensure it wasn't damaged in transit. It all looks good to me. Tyre is muddy and the rim has some of that scrappers paint on it they use to mark things up, but it comes off fine.

I guess buying a part like dampers or something mechanical could be a bit more risky. It's a pity they didn't mention the seats were far from 'mint'. Blood sounds a bit ghoulish, thankfully the car didn't look too badly damaged to think anyone was really badly hurt. Hope not.

Reaction score
As per gazza, I bought a trophy mirror from cit-ren, I'm sure they said it was in good condition and yet when it arrived it had so e scrathes gouged into it - poor show. Thankfully they were minimal so I put up with them until I had my bumper sprayed...

Reaction score
Cue said:
t12eed said:

That's hilarious Cue, read that back to yourself! Have you ever bled without hurting yourself? I suppose the accident could have coincided with her time of the month.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Cue said:
t12eed said:

That's hilarious Cue, read that back to yourself! Have you ever bled without hurting yourself? I suppose the accident could have coincided with her time of the month.

you never know - may have been a nose bleed lol...

Reaction score
This was my Trophy! Had a really bad accident in it..
Driving on a damp valley B road, had a big slide, corrected with opp lock twice, tyre came off rim! Couldn't brake or steer. Went down a vertical drop of 10ft landed on the nose- did a forward roll! got wedged on its side upside down by a tree 30ft below road level. If i'd landed any other way i'd have certainly been dead.. Totally lucky to be alive thanks to a tree!! Big gauge mark left in the road.
Bytheway, don't count on your airbags going off ;-)

Mark.

Reaction score
Shiit Mark that sounds horrendous. Glad you weren't badly hurt.

Surprised the tyre separated itself from the rim - I take it it was properly inflated (obviously)? Kinda reminds you that no matter how careful you are, something out of your control could always go wrong.

RIP #223.

Reaction score
Tyres were correctly inflated. I checked them fairly frequently. I was running late due to having to take a diversion because of a road being closed.. driving too fast for the conditions of the road. I found that to be the problem with these cars- they make you drive like an idiot sometimes :lol: My Williams was a more enjoyable car @ 7/10's, but to enjoy the trophy you had to be going 9/10's+ imo..
I've got an Integra DC5 now which isn't as suited to bumpy b-roads, but that may be a good thing for me :wink: