Reaction score
Clio 182 Trophy No. 108

After 4 years of ownership I am reluctantly selling my much loved Trophy. It has received nothing but the best treatment in its life, and is a truly superb example of the car. I have had to purchase a smart fortwo to get me around the streets of London, and the Clio will, and has been sitting dormant on the driveway. So it is time to let somebody else look after her and get as much enjoyment as I have.

She has travelled just 54,657 miles, and this will remain the same till sold. A full and comprehensive service history is included, I have a record and receipt of every item purchased and work carried out on the car since my ownership. Exceeding £10k after the purchase price! I am able to email a copy of the spreadsheet that the work is listed on request. There have been no engine or management modifications, just the addition of an ITG panel filter. The Auxiliary and Timing belts were replaced in 2009 at 28k miles. I fitted a stainless steel cat back exhaust from BTB Exhausts of Daventry, one of just a handful the company produced, and is a truly superb piece of workmanship. A group buy meant the one off production cost of £1500 for the piece was reduced substantially. Mark Fish of Harlow then modified the original Cat, to remove the restriction and is now a 2.5” diameter exhaust all the way through.

The famous Sachs suspension on the front of the car has only just returned from BG Motorsport where they have been refurbished and fitted with new adjusters so they can actually be adjusted if required. They have travelled just 400 miles. At 42,000 miles, I fitted a set of Koni adjustable dampers on the rear, and a set of springs from Mark Fish of Harlow. This was the setup, until I refitted the original Eibach springs for the purpose of originality for the sale. I do have the Mark Fish springs if required, and the original rear Sachs. The front wishbones and anti-roll bar has been fitted with polyurethane bushes. The original groaning rubber top mounts have been replaced for a set of K-tec solid mounts.

Number 108 is possibly even more rare than the others, as it may be the only one that did not come with a factory fitted alarm, or any of the cut outs in the trim for sensors. Because of this I had a Clifford Avant Guard category 1 alarm fitted, and a Tracker. These have been serviced and tested each year buy the same installer.

The car is cleaned of tar, clayed, polished and waxed in the spring, and sealed for the winter, every year. I have cleaned and waxoyl’d the rear arches and beam for extra winter protection. The Clio badge on the boot lid has been removed, the two holes that were left have been welded, filled and the boot lid re-sprayed with a 197 badge fitted, done by Kream Developments of Rainham. The Speedline Turini’s have just come back from a complete refurbishment at Lepsons of Gillingham and look stunning, with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 fitted with lots of life left in them after travelling 12,000 miles. The standard Renault steering wheel suffers with melting and looks poor after time, so I sent the wheel away to Royal Steering Wheels to be re-trimmed in black leather and looks stunning.

The car has performed faultlessly and has not let me down in any way, with no bugs or niggles. It drives superbly, and the engine runs smooth and pulls with a lot of force. The interior is outstanding, non-smoking owners and no children!

Feel free to contact me with questions, I am based in Hornchurch, Essex.

£6,000 or near offers considered.

Many Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi.

Excellent. When is the aux belt and came belt due again?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi there,

The five year interval will be up on the 29/4/14, the belts have currently covered 26,000 miles. I had them changed early just after I got the car just in case.

Many Thanks, dave.

Reaction score
Hey buddy, yeah that's the reason for selling, bought a smart to make things easier to get up London in adverse weather, nights, more miles covered than the small motorbike. And less back ache! Be sad to see her go but time to move onwards.

Reaction score
Yes Sir/Madam, still available, this weekend would be fine, give me a ring on 07917130477.

Reaction score
lol, only because my situation has changed, fingers crossed I'll be back driving it in 6months