Reaction score
I have heard some horrible news today!.... The guy who I bought my car off, who was a registered owner on here! has outstanding finance on the trophy!? I did a HPI check when I bought it and it was all clear?! They have rang me up and said they are not taking the car but more interested in tracking him down!

He has changed address's a few times and only tracked me down via the DVLA.... Just wondering if anyone knew him or is still in contact......

Rich

His name is Ben Bearpark...... lived in Farnbourgh

Reaction score
this Ben Bearpark is on facebook...is this the guy

Attachments

• 23142_676102497_6874_s.jpg
    23142_676102497_6874_s.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 757
Reaction score
lol already looked on there! no his more older looking and slimmer, the DVLA have been trying to track him down since I have owned the car! over a year!!

When I did my HPI check it came back all clear! and he said he bought the car outright... He bought the car new, and in the deal took my car and £1000 for his trophy.

Rich

Reaction score
When i sold my 182 a few years ago the bloke at the garage i sold it to did a HPI check on it and it came back with outstanding finance, even though i bought it outright after 1yr of having it on finance???
The bloke then rang the finance company and after 5 mins of them looking into it they said it was paid off they just hadnt removed it from their systems or something like that. Its not just a case of something like this is it??

Reaction score
Unsure mate - The company tracking him down is called Anglia UK Finance Group.... At 1st I thought it was a bogus company after info, but all seems true!

They are sending some info which I have to write as much info as I can then send it back asap, details on where I bought the car, how it was advertised, how much, when did you buy it etc etc.....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
get all the facts double checked first, the DVLA should be doing the tracking - they'll have his address, from there they can decifer his NI number - quick call to the tax office will give his employer details and new address details then bobs your uncle...

But it is most probably a user oversight.. good luck with it. You should be covered either way as the HPI check came back as clear - this means they take the risk.

Reaction score
Everything is ok, rang renault up, as the finance is with them and asked if the company who is ringing me about the car.

also the guy I was speaking too said "we are not going to take the car from you, don't worry!" but at the mo I'm waiting for some paper work which I have to write a full report on the car

Reaction score
Are you going to sell the Trophy Gib as I'm interested in buying the Mark Fish stuff for mine.

Reaction score
Update....... Everything has now been sorted out, the finance company rang me up today and said we are taking no further action in the case of my car :D I had to send them a buyers questionnaire on how I came across the car ect...

Sadly the car will remain 'still on finance' when HPI checked but they are send me a letter to put in my documents to say I am the outright owner of the car and other things to say they aren't going to take any action towards the car.

So with the joy of that news I have managed to paint one room in my new house, and hopefully start on the living room then tackle the garage

Son of Solo - all has gone quiet on the r27.... he still assures me he wants to do a deal, but I'm sat here waiting, got the car in the spray shop ready for a good shine for summer time :D anyway so if I do keep it it will be mint

Reaction score
bit confusing then that it never showed up on the HPI.
RCI only do HP therefore always shows up on the HPI, hence why i was asking if it was GE as they done personal loans, albeit through a dealership wouldnt show on the HPI