Reaction score
As I have only owned No. 259 for five days, I'm unsure whether the behaviour I'm experiencing from the car is normal and i just need to get used to it or it is being a little bit naughty..?, I'll try to explain.

When accelerating hard in 2nd or 3rd, when engine gets to about 5000rpm and really picks up, the car feels like it is starting to 'snake' down the road, it feels bad enough to warrant a good dose of steering input to try and keep her on the straight and narrow. This is paricularly alarming if say i am overtaking on a narrow section of road, as all i can think of is car, ditch, car, ditch.

Now am i just being a bit soft and just experiencing a good dose of Torque steer or could this be situation be improved / rectified by a good geometry check / set-up and /
or a new set of front tyres??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Bryntech

Reaction score
my first Trophy did this until I got the camber and geometry adjusted..... my second one is the same and i am just waiting to get this one setup like the other - made quite a big difference.

definitely worth looking into i reckon - but low tread on the tyres in damp conditions will also not be helping

Reaction score
Is there anyone who can recommend somewhere to go for a decent geometry setup, bearing in mind that I live in Lancashire?

Reaction score
Completely understand and agree with your torquesteery comments, my car is due in for Geo setup soon, will report conclusions fully after its been done.

Incidentally, my front tyres are at or just beyond 50% worn, while the rears are in better state. I will change the rears and fronts to see what change that makes pre the Geo setup so that I can identify if it is the tyres or the suspension improves things.

Sadly I'm in Essex so cant help on who could help with the setup in Lancs!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bryntech said:
Is there anyone who can recommend somewhere to go for a decent geometry setup, bearing in mind that I live in Lancashire?

not yet - i'm on the hunt for one in the west, west yorkshire area that should be drivable for you, as soon as I find one I trust I'll let you know.