Reaction score
Speaking of Trophy's on the track. In this months Evo Magazine they put slicks on a Skoda Yeti 4x4 and is was apparently quicker round the track than a Trophy... :twisted:

Reaction score
tallandy said:
Speaking of Trophy's on the track. In this months Evo Magazine they put slicks on a Skoda Yeti 4x4 and is was apparently quicker round the track than a Trophy... :twisted:

Do you know what, this outraged me!! Surely surely there is no chance in hell that a 1.8 urban suv/crossover whatever can go faster round a track than a trophy?!?Was tempted to write in to say please re-do the trophy.

But i think that they have said previously that its not always the same driver so not very consistent

Reaction score
I could put sticky tyres on my mums 206cc and be quicker round a track than a Trophy on PE2's.

Hence why i dont run R888's. Takes half the fun/skill away from peddling a car quickly.

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
tallandy said:

Do you know what, this outraged me!! Surely surely there is no chance in hell that a 1.8 urban suv/crossover whatever can go faster round a track than a trophy?!?Was tempted to write in to say please re-do the trophy.

But i think that they have said previously that its not always the same driver so not very consistent
it might not be the same driver but seriousely im pretty sure my mam could drive a trophy round the track faster than a skoda yeti! are you sure it wasen't an off road track or summat?! lol!

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Sir_Dave said:
I could put sticky tyres on my mums 206cc and be quicker round a track than a Trophy on PE2's.

Hence why i dont run R888's. Takes half the fun/skill away from peddling a car quickly.

+1, more fun playing on the edge :lol:

To be honest, cornering wise, i don't think there is hardly any difference between 888's and pe2s, most difference is in braking and traction.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gman - having run both round various tracks I can honestly say R888's are around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than PE2's. Full slicks around 5-6 seconds a lap.

The difference is noticeable, the cornering g force you can carry is immense.

I know for a fact that the trophy is quicker round the bedford track than evo's time as i lapped mine on pe's in the wet only a three seconds slower than evo's time but it depends on who drove it (talent), air temp, tyre temp, tyre wear, fuel on board, miles on the clock etc etc... so many subjective elements that can add a few seconds to the time.

Reaction score
Gman said:
To be honest, cornering wise, i don't think there is hardly any difference between 888's and pe2s, most difference is in braking and traction.

There's a huge difference lol.

On normal tyres, my friends and i are all very similar speeds on track - all 172 cups/182's/my trophy.

When they are on R888's i cant keep up, at all.

Reaction score
Depends on the car too.

I think an R26R was summat like 15-20secs quicker on the 'ring when running r888s compared to ps2s but a Focus RS was only a second or 2 quicker compared to it's standard tyres which I think are conti 3s like my 200s

Reaction score
I can honestly say I was well impressed with the yeti when evo had it over the ring in august cornering speed was unbelievable but never noticed if they were running slicks or not