Today I have mostly been ......

Reaction score
I picked #459 up today from my mates garage in Grantham. His bodyshop had been doing a couple of little jobs for me. It looked stunning in his showroom but after 2 miles down the road in this weather it disappeared into clouds of rain and spray on the A1.

It it drove very well although with the amount of standing water I don't think I got up to 70!!!

The rain stopped when I got home so it was a wash and dry and into the garage.

Out with the hoover and my stiff detailing brush, it wasn't bad but there was the usual bits the previous owners hadn't bothered with down the sides of the seat runners and other books and crannies which can't be reached with a normal Hoover nozzle.

Then my favourite bit, the auto sheen trim sheen spray, smells lovely, I did all the black bits, inner sills, door rubbers then same in the boot. It all came up like new.

I Ispent a bit of time under the bonnet but that's for another day.

I then set to on fixing a couple of little bits. The vertical interior plastic trim up the back edge of the drivers door wasn't clipped on properly so a bit of warming and persuasion got that sorted. The fuel flap seemed a bit too recessed, it looked like there should be 2 rubber stops on the plastic neck part inside. A search in my grommet collection found two which fit perfectly so the flap now sits with the panel line.

I was going to leave the much discussed intermittent wiper stalk swap til another day but I was on a roll so I sorted that fairly quickly, another excuse for spraying trim sheen areas of the steering cowl normally hard to get to.

I then summoned up the courage to attack the peeled heater control. The "how to" page helped a great deal, a bit of a bugger to do but easier to connect the new one up than disconnect the old one. I found a small mirror was a great help. All connected only to find the lighting didn't work!!!!!
Now it's virtually impossible to remove and refit the bulbs with the unit connected to the cables so off they came. I found none of the bulbs in either the old or the replacement unit were working, I swapped them for a new pair and put it back together which by now was a breeze.

The car is fitted with a new set of the TPi anodised wheel bolts which I don't like so I cleaned up and sprayed the old bolts, they have come up very well so I will probably swapping those over tomorrow

I decided to call it a day at that.

Overall im very pleased with how the car has carried it's 70k miles. It's in remarkable condition, the interior, engine bay and boot are in great condition. The paintwork just has some slight fading to the door handles and roof strips which I'm going to get sorted. There are no dents, scratches or anything on the car.

My only plans for it are to fit a Cabasse auditorium head unit when I find one and get rid of the ktec carbon splitter and fit a genuine one (I know...they are dear!)

We are off up to Northumberland and the Borders in it for the week next week so see how it performs up there, I've done it a few times in the Elise and the RS200 so it will be a good comparison......and no doubt a cleaning job when we get home !!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Jon, hope you're enjoying yours. I'm pleased with 449. Just that Ktec splitter.......I hate it but just building myself up to £180 for a gen one !!

Reaction score
I picked #459 up today from my mates garage in Grantham. His bodyshop had been doing a couple of little jobs for me. It looked stunning in his showroom but after 2 miles down the road in this weather it disappeared into clouds of rain.

Anthony,

Not sure you picked 459 up :) 449 yes....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very nice mate :) I'm looking forward to spending some time with my girl when she gets home. She's in need of some serious TLC!

Reaction score
Off up to Northumberland and borders for a week this Sunday so hoping to get some miles in........weather permitting,it's looking a bit snowy up there today

Reaction score
Off up to Northumberland and borders for a week this Sunday so hoping to get some miles in........weather permitting,it's looking a bit snowy up there today

My pal send me this earlier just outside Jedburgh. Hopefully the weather improves so you can enjoy the T.

647318222d6fb94a412a4eaa64248822.gif

Reaction score
This was it 12 months ago last time we went, near Otterburn.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 174

SoS

Reaction score
Looks good, you are doing all the bits I wanted to do but never got around to! It was a little unloved when I got it, I spent a bit of time and cash but had all those bits on the list to do! It did have a few coats of dodo juice wax, even the MOT tester said it was good!

Reaction score
Looks great. I really need to get around to swapping out my heater unit... Have been dreading it.
Snap, I'm the same! I've even had the spare (non-peeling) unit ready to go back in since the day I bought the car last summer!!

Reaction score
I'm sure there was a thread about the Skoda Octavia splitter fitting the Trophy. Costs a lot less.
Whats wrong with the ktec one.
I quite liked mine, for 5 minutes anyway, before the finish turned to shit. Keep meaning to take it off and clear coat it properly.

Reaction score
Fabia ;)

I'm sure there was a thread about the Skoda Octavia splitter fitting the Trophy. Costs a lot less.
Whats wrong with the ktec one.
I quite liked mine, for 5 minutes anyway, before the finish turned to shit. Keep meaning to take it off and clear coat it properly.

Reaction score
Just to add to my "Today thread" I spent an hour on the drivers seat belt today, I think it must have had 10 years of grime in it. I didn't realise how grubby the bit that's worn was until I started on it.

I used the same method to do my 197 belts a while ago and it really does work.
Bucket
Soap powder for hand washing
Water as hot as you can stand it
Tall stool
Soft nail brush
Microfibre cloth
Cig Lighter - Optional

Pull the belt all the way out and clamp at the B pillar with a crocodile clip or similar.

Undo do the sill anchor bracket and slip the belt off.

Stand the bucket of soap solution on the stool, this will allow you to get more of the seatbelt into the bucket. Leave to soak for 15 mins then proceed to scrub along the length of the belt. I went up and down a couple of times. Then pulling again the B pillar anchor drag the microfibre cloth all the way along the belt. Leave to dry.

I finish off by using a cigarette lighter to get rid of any loose fibres along the edge of the belt, it tidies it up nicely.

Heres as a photo I took mid way through the clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45