Reaction score
For those of you which have the Mark Fish set up what adjustments did Mark make to the fronts? Did he increase the stiffness?

I'm wondering whether to get mine unpinned or not. I was quoted extra for having them unpinned vs just a standard refurb. The car will be doing some trackdays but not too many. After speaking to Mark he said that some people actually reduce the stiffness of the fronts rather than increase it.

Reaction score
I have tried quite a number of settings, and curently believe the road optimum (for me anyway, and it is a bit driver specific) is fronts at 28 clicks from full soft, rears at 1 and quarter turns from full soft. This is very superior to the factory setting, both handling wise and in terms of ride comfort, and that's despite the stiffer springs.

I have tried softer than standard settings too, but did not like them at all.

Track setting very dependant on track and conditions, but generally just short of full stiff for rears, and fronts between 33 and 38, softer when wet.

Get them unpined, it's well worth it to have the adjustability.

Reaction score
When we are talking about the number of clicks to set the damper ie 38 for track use, is that 38 clicks in a clockwise direct as you look at the wheel.

Eg un wind anti clockwise right back to nil for softest setting then each click clockwise hardens the setting?

Hope this question makes sense.

Cheers

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes that's correct, winding them clockwise as if you were looking down on the dial will increase the damping. It is noted on the dial which way increases/decreases the damping but its hard to see. :)

Reaction score
Have people played around with the settings of the dampers for daily driving. I.e if you make the dampers softer does it improve the ride quality for day to day stuff or does it just totally lose the charactoristics of the trophy?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tried decreasing the damping for road use once, I dialed them down 11 clicks and the ride was really soft but soon after I experienced the first roundabout I set them back to normal, there was alot of roll. So the answers to both your questions are yes.

I have mine set to 20 clicks from the 'soft' setting. Day to day it feels the same but when out for a spirited drive on a B road the difference between 20 clicks and the standard 22 clicks is noticable and it just feels right.