Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a newbie here and i am helping my mate out has she is interested in buying a Trophy.

Just wanted to know if there is anything i should be looking out for good and bad.

Many Thanks

Dee :)

Reaction score
Welcome to CT Dee!

You should get one as low mileage and mint as possible as there are plenty out there and the prices have plummeted accordingly. I lost £4000 on mine! Worth every penny.

Mine is still for sale I believe, try here; www.allvehicles.co.uk

There aren't really any issues that affect all Trophys, just look for a full service history, one that has had regular oil changes normally implies careful ownership and mechanical sympathy.

Don't be immediately put off by subtle modifications, quite often it means an owner really cares about his/her cars and wants the best for them. I replaced my gearknob with a Richbrook one because the OE one had worn by 10K miles and it's nasty.

Most importantly of all, take an extended test drive. It's essential if you've never driven a 172/182 before, you'll either decide it's too raw and firm for an everyday car (If you're a complete Jessie) or most likely fall in love straight away and part with cash immediately. Steve Coulter of allvehicles can help with the test drive, he's Artdealer on here.

Good Luck! :D

Reaction score
Thanks for you info guys.

she used to own a 172 but now has a CTR but is looking to buy a trophy aswell as the CTR as she miss Renault(With my help hehe)

Will help me when i go on a hunt for a RS Clio next year :wink:

Reaction score
why is she getting a trophy as well as a ctr?

anyways as others have said, they are obviously new'ish cars so as long as they have a fsh and no bodywork or interior damage then each one will be just as good as the next.

you can buy anyone out there without too much worry!

Reaction score
Its mainly her other half car but she likes the RS clio but she wanted him to get a Trophy as she had one for a week looking after it for a mate.

She has bought it now and collected it last night so will be off for a vist on sunday to south wales to see it

Reaction score
I'm driving to Gower tonight, not in a Trophy though, unfortunately. That's where I learnt to drive the Trophy properly, the roads are too crowded down here. Can't wait to find out how the Integra measures up against the Trophy's ground covering ability and thrills per corner, it's got it's work cut out.