Reaction score
I have a powerflow catback system which was fitted mid 2009 by previous owner I believe. It is very loud IMO which I like but I've recently become aware of a rattling audible at idle and when coasting. I had a look and all I can say is that when you "pat" the left backbox there is said rattle. My Dad said it might be a loose baffle.

Basically is there any way this can be dealt with without buying a whole new exhaust for c.£400?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Check the heatshield isn't touching the exhaust, if it isn't then it's the baffle. Aren't Powerflow supposed to have a lifetime guarantee?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Do powerflow offer any sort of warranty on their systems? Maybe able to claim on that if it has a lifetime warranty, as long as it can be moved to the new owner should the car/exhaust be sold.

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question but what does the heat shield look like?

I'm pretty sure the receipt of nearly £400 for the exhaust is in my folder of docs for the car, when I'm home I'll investigate the possibility of a warranty.

Reaction score
Yep, heatshield would be my first guess (above the box, an aluminium covered composite plate(s) quite brittle around the screw mounts - big washer under the screw and re-fix it).

Reaction score
The heatsheild:
77469931e182c9308a015a0fa19b405965e74be4731535f5c3ea439503bc0589368d1e5b.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help chaps, so you reckon its the heatshield just needing re-adjusted so it doesn't contact the exhaust? Failing that I will get in contact with the garage that fitted the exhaust. Need a trip home now to properly investigate!

Reaction score
The rattle very much sounds like it comes from the left backbox itself. Have contacted the supplier to see if they can help me. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Exhaust noises drive me mad, hope you get it sorted.

Mine is vibrating against the rear bumper and sounds quite lame!!

Reaction score
Powerflow use very cheap boxes. the baffles are very well known for coming loose. Their "stainless steel" pipework also rusts

Cheers for the info. Hopefully I'll get a reply out of them in the next few days. God knows how they manage to charge nearly £400 if they are sh!te quality! :eek:

Reaction score
Supplier have said warranty is not transferable (exhaust is 13 months old FFS!) but they'd like to inspect anyway... :?

So as I understand it they will inspect to see what's wrong but do nothing about it...will wait and see what their reply is like.