Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
And generally the water pumps are considered very durable and don't necessarily needed changing for the sake of it.

I have also heard that the water pumps are rather good.

stormduck said:
Timing belt and aux belt is all you need :D people say replace the aux belt tensioner pulley as well as it can cause probs, but i didn't.

I think the two of you having a row is basically misinterpreted. Everything is easy if you know how to do it, the problem lies when people do not know if the person they're taking their motor to actually knows how to do it!

As for the aux belt i had a timing belt kit done on mine by the garage i bought the car from, they didn't do the aux belt kit at the time, now i fitted a kit 3 months down the line due to a noisy idle pulley which is supplied in the kit and when removing i found the tensioner pulley itself was cracked so i was lucky to replace this as when they go they make quite a mess in the engine bay due to the tight spaces and the plastic trays, i would on this basis replace the aux belt as a kit when doing a timing belt. I find its always ideal when doing a timing belt to replace the aux belt as its quite often an overlooked item on servicing plus it good practice.