Reaction score
Hi all,

Its time to sell the trophy as i think ive grown up a bit (am now a old man at 25 :lol: ) and need something more refined.
The trophy has not put a foot wrong in 25K so ive been very happy.

Currently im looking at the focus st / golf gti ed 30 type area. Looking for size, power, quality etc.
Any one got any other car ideas / or owned one - what did you think etc.

Cheers,
Dan.

Reaction score
Living in Essex, don't you get sick of the sight of ST's?? - It's one of the facets of Trophy ownership that I love - they're a rare sight.. And to be honest RS's in general are a rare site in comparison to fast fords..

Have you considered a 1 series? - Must be well built, rear wheel drive and you can pick up a 130 or even 135...

I'm 25 and quite happy to continue acting the kid... :lol:

Good luck with the sale

Where abouts in Essex are you based by the way?

Reaction score
I must say i'm in the same boat as you! But focus sts are everywhere, i'd have to pay the little bit more for the st500, the red leather recaros are gorgeous, and you've still got the happy thoughts of being one of only 500 owners!

Reaction score
Mate thats bad news dont know what it is at the minute but everyone seems to be selling up! Why not go for an r26?

Reaction score
Its not really bad news, im just moving on.
The trophy has been awesome - it did exactly what it said on the tin and most importantly, nothing broke!

I need a bigger car as the Trophy is just too small, I cant fit my bike in it, i cant fit four friends in it etc etc.

Car wise, i dont really want another reno, too many horror stories about the stealerships.
I am looking at the st-500 and the gti edition 30, both of which are fanstanic cars. Although i cant see why the golf is so much more expensive, it wasnt that much better, i think its just paying for the badge.

Thus far, the st is winning, namely because of what you get for the price.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
chunktrophy said:
Cliov6 255???? does me fine after the trophy!! :D

Just get a couple of friends to hug the engine if you need to go anywhere :)

lol!!! i remember we went to the isle of man for a rally a few years ago when i had my old v6, my brother was so desperate for me to take it he was going to lie behind the seats cos there was 3 of us. Ended up taking his scooby instead!

Reaction score
I've driven a GTI 30 myself and was so disappointed. I couldn't wait for the test drive to finish and get back in my car. I expected a lot more from it but it has no character sadly. I prefer the R32 even if its a heavier car.

I'm not really a fan of ST's either, agree there are too many around. But BMW's are even more common round here!

Would you consider an Evo?

I don't mind the Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition but it depends if you like Vauxhalls lol.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
e36 m3! even the E46 is now hovering around £13k.

I must say though it's not the best time to be selling.........

Reaction score
Just to update you all..................

The trophy is sold. I got 6800 trade in, and in turn bought a focus st3 with every option!!
Asking price for focus (57 plate, 10K on the clock) was 13995, got the 995 knocked off, a years road tax included and a full tank of fuel.

The trophy needed to go as i wasnt using it for b-road blasting, i was doing more motorway miles.
Picking up the car this Saturday - cant wait!

Reaction score
Wow maybe time to buy another Trophy.

Cannot believe they are not selling.

I've had several weeks in a toyota corolla, then a month in a vauxhall 1.7 cdti corsa, now got mothers MX5 until the new year :D