Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas please?
I've got a 182,well maintained and looked after. During acceleration,either moderate or heavy and at any speed (but more noticeable during motorway speeds) there is a definate noise (ticking/knocking) coming from (I think) the engine bay. I've changed belts twice,plugs,belt tensions,I've had it to Renault 3 times but they jus fob me off,last time I took it in the guy was convinced it was the exhaust so I changed that aswell as all fitting kits and gaskets but still nothing (apart from a hole in my pocket).out of despiration I've also changed up and downstream oxy sensors.
I'm at a total loss.it doesn't actually seem to effect much however there is a definate lack of power of late.
Please any help is much appreciated

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts.
I've had all belts changed,the accessory twice (see below).service the oil every 5k.I've looked at the pulleys a couple times and they seem ok but I'm guna check em again.the only thing I can think is when I got the car I had the belts done as a matter of cause ( only 17k at time lol) but sum time ago the accessory came off (bad mechanic fitted it) and it was susequently redone under warrenty.I've checked all pulleys a lot of times since and nothing worthwile.other than this the cars not had any sign of problem.

Any other ideas?