Reaction score
Managed to go three weeks without using my Trophy.

(Accurately I missed two weekends as it only comes out then).

All I can say having gone for 45 min country blast this am is

GOD I LOVE THIS CAR

The dog wasn't too impressed: he was clinging on for dear life. Before the RSPCA come calling, I should point out that he wears a seatbelt/harness!

Reaction score
This is the dog, he's called Bosley: I promise to photo him in the car soon, as he goes most places with me in it.

1000725iw8.jpg

Main problem is his @rse is to fat to get through behind the drivers seat, so I have to sort of 'fling' him in.

He also rides round in the passenger seat of my GF's MX5 with the top down!

Reaction score
Your dog is awesome! :D

Have always wanted a British Bulldog, how is he health wise? Always hear about a lot of problems but every dog i've met/seen seems fine and happy.

Need more pics of him in trophy mode mate!

Reaction score
His breathing isn't great when he get's hot, but he's extremely strong and can run as fast as any dog, just not for very far.

I think they're no more troublesome than any other pedigree breed TBH, but don't have very long lives (10 is a good innings).

A lot of breeders advocate keeping them fat and unexercised when they're growing up, in order to keep them short-legged and wide shouldered (in line with the breed standard), which I think is an awful practice. All my family's have been allowed as much execise as they want, so have been quite healthy dogs. One lived to 13 1/2!

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
and can run as fast as any dog,

Bet he's not as fast as mine! :lol:

Cool dog. I couldn't let mine in the car, I've got a Greyhound/Saluki cross (fastest dog I've ever seen) and a Patterdale Terrier, they would destroy it in seconds, I'm insured on my old lady's dog wagon so no need anyway.

Whoever would have thought - a dog thread?!

hyb

Reaction score
Still not managed to spot you jonny, my brother told me there was a trophy heading past the house while he was on the phone to me, I hung out the window for a good 5 mins but whoever it was (reckon it was you) muts have turned off :/

If you want me to take it for a spin while your busy just ask ;)

we have 2 springers, no idea why there called that though

53980444_81376598ab.png

Reaction score
Love that pics Hyb!!! PSML

With mine, you just have to say the word CAR, and he's jumping up and down, running to the front door for me to put his harness on. He loves it!! Only problems, he can't stand tolls so he barks at the barrier!
Except that he travels very well, and he should cos he can be in the car for up to 8 hours!
(and before I get the RSPCA too, I do some pit stops, but he doesn't always want to leave the car)

Here's my beloved
Chez.jpg

Reaction score

And to think I spent ages looking for a photo where Bosley was standing still....

Audrey, I'm glad yours likes the car - mine starts trembling all over and hides under a chair when he realises he's going in it - could be my driving :twisted:

Reaction score
LOL what about treats and praising when he's in the car??

Got mine in from when he was a pup, and used to take him in the car everywhere to get him used to it. He used to be hyper but since I've had RSs he's be warned and to told to behave. He does most of the time...

Reaction score
What cool dogs you all have, thought I'd better put a couple of pics of mine up.

Attachments

• P4090039.JPG
    P4090039.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 282
  • P4220054.JPG
    P4220054.JPG
    624.8 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC01848.JPG
    DSC01848.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 282

hyb

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:

And to think I spent ages looking for a photo where Bosley was standing still....

Audrey, I'm glad yours likes the car - mine starts trembling all over and hides under a chair when he realises he's going in it - could be my driving :twisted:

It's impossible to find a picture of them still. Max (brown one) goes nuts for bubbles, or anything that floats

yeehaw.jpg

Reaction score
OK as requested here's a picture of him strapped in today:

1000835og3.jpg

Red harness clips onto the N/S seatbelt, and he alternates between lying lengthways and poking his head between the seats (and dribbling on my elbow).

You can see it better here:
1000832km1.jpg

You can also see why I have to clean the interior every couple of weeks. :roll:

Reaction score
No permanent damage - what you are seeing as scratches are probably dog hairs (of which he has an infinite supply :cry: )

Every week it comes up spotless, then he messes it up again.

Reaction score
Cool dog! Great pictures too but I'd refrain from including these ones when selling the car!