Reaction score
anyone got this months evo magazine yet either via subscription or from the newsagent?
it never seems to come out at the same time 2 months running these days..and so much for them beefing up the packing for the subscribers...

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday and absorbed the Renaultsport 197 report before it had left the grey wrapper.

Dennis Publishing are extremely inconsistent with their subscription delivery times, some months I get it in the last few days of the month before and sometimes more than a week after I've seen it in the shops!

Please don't even bother inserting the Renaultsport Clio CD into your computer, it is absolutely gash, you learn more about the car going to www.renaultsport.co.uk and don't have to suffer the dreadful 'French car, british designers' marketing bullshit.

I really do hate Renaultsport advertising, marketing the new Clio 197 as as close to an F1 experience as you can get, I mean. come on, it's a cheap plastic undertray, I can generate 40kg of rear downforce by sliding my seat all the way back.

Reaction score
There was a good looking roof spoiler on a trackday MINI at JCW earlier. I bet that would bolt straight on :)

Reaction score
Maybe, if not a bit more fabricated looking, lol you seem to have a pic for every occasion.

Reaction score
Got mine via subscription on the 2nd, never the same day from month to month though!

Reaction score
Not a GP, it was why I stopped to look. Seemed to be a road legal challenge type car with some pretty expensive Recaros and full roll cage. No rear seats. If I get time I'll take a pic.

Reaction score
Theres a big thread about this on pistonheads.com.

I've always considered getting a subscription, but never commited. Just buy the odd one in the shops that takes my fancy.

Reaction score
Sometimes the shops don't get them for ages though, and you don't get the special cover without subscription and it works out less than £3 a copy too.

Occasionally I look at other magazines in the shops and they're just awful, Car is a shockingly bad magazine with every photo caption trying to be funny (like loaded) and 200 adverts. Top gear just covers too many non-cars (MPV's and Vauxhalls).

About the only other good general performance car mags are Octane and Motorsport but they just don't go into enough depth about new cars or have such great photography.

I love EVO - a surperb magazine, just sort the delivery times out, for fucks sake.

Reaction score
it's in the shops by me, just bought it today. was quite surprised as it's normally ages between when the guy at work gets his (subscriber) and i can get it in the shop. No free DVD with the shop bought mag though.........

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
No free DVD with the shop bought mag though.........

You can have mine - it's rubbish, I'll have to fish it out of the bin though, it got ejected, bounced off the hand and straight in the bin! Nothing that's not on the Renaultsport website.

Reaction score
at long last my evo came today...with the usuall crunched corner and split spine...so normal service has been well and truely resumed....
i had to laugh at the optional recaros for the new 197...they is ugly!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Nik said:
Ooops, missed that thread :oops: a050.gif

Sorry Nik, I'm spending way too much time on this forum at the moment, maybe I should have 5 stars? No seriously I really need to get a life, work have noticed that it's always up on my screen!

Where did you get the russian roulette emoticon? It's great, please put it with the others.