Reaction score
Got an exciting job offer that would involve a company car which I will have to take because they don't offer a car allowance in lieu of the car. Really annoying but it would be stupid of me to turn down the company car.

Anyway, I was wondering what anybody thought about a fair price for my Trophy?

#478/500
38,000 miles (just had 36,000 mile service at Rentech inc aux belt change)
T7PHY Plate
Janspeed Cat Back Exhaust System
Permagarded inside, outside, glass and engine bay
2 brand new front tyres and rears still v good tread
Silvervision Indicator bulbs front and rear
Wiper Stalk Conversion
Brand New Brembo Front Discs and EBC Greenstuff Pads fitted at 36k service by Rentech
Parrot Bluetooth Car Kit
CTR Bee Sting Aerial
Always used Super Unleaded (usually V-Power or Tesco 99)

Basically, this car has all the sensible mods needed to enhance the Trophy without spoiling it.

Let me know what you think about a price.

Thanks

Tom.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Might be a silly question... but why not keep the car? :D

It's not a silly question... I could keep the car and not take a company car; however, I would feel like I am turning down something that makes up a valuable part of the package on offer. Seeing as there isn't an option to take a car allowance in cash instead of a company car, I feel that I should really take everything I can get from them and opt in to their car scheme.

In addition, there is no way I can keep the Trophy as well as take a company car. I don't have space for 2 cars as I live in South West London and have 1 parking space/permit only. It is off-street though which is nice. Keeping two cars would be practically impossible as 1 would need to be kept on the street and getting a space there is always touch and go, let alone the problems that come as standard with London streets!

Reaction score
Given the market place at the moment, I'd say sub £9k
Edit:Mines on 48k miles.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
9500 id say...

And I thought they a company who offers Company cars has to offer a car allowance.... otherwise they are sort of forcing you to pay more tax....

Reaction score
Cue said:
9500 id say...

And I thought they a company who offers Company cars has to offer a car allowance.... otherwise they are sort of forcing you to pay more tax....

That's what I thought too mate. So I am investigating it thoroughly as, in an ideal world, I'd keep the Trophy... My car allowance at my current company is £5,000 so I'd be happy if they matched that.

Reaction score
Have a look on pheads etc. But I agree on the company car allowance, from what I know they have to offer the alternative.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Well seeing as there is a CAT D on pistonheads for £8K, got to be worth £9-10?

I'm also thinking what to do at present, i'm on 16,000 miles, with a few choice extras.

I saw that on AutoTrader too - mentions nothing about the CAT D bit - dodgy!

I'd start at £9k and go from there. Or at £9.5k if you are holding out. It's my understanding that companies offer both a scheme and an allowance.

Reaction score
Having listened to you guys and done some research myself, I think that £8,750 is a fair price for mine.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I have spoken further with my new company and there isn't a car allowance so I am having to take the car... A bit unfair but gift horse, mouth an' all that.

PM me if interested.

Tom.

Reaction score
You don't really have many mods so probably not worth the effort of putting it back to standard. I know when I was looking for a Trophy I would have actually preferred (and paid a premium) for one that had already had improvements like the indicator stalk, exhaust, silver visisions, brakes...
I'd say put it on the market between £9k and £9.5k if its in nice condition.

Reaction score
Sam415 said:
You don't really have many mods so probably not worth the effort of putting it back to standard. I know when I was looking for a Trophy I would have actually preferred (and paid a premium) for one that had already had improvements like the indicator stalk, exhaust, silver visisions, brakes...

So you would sell as is, because mine has all the bits you list.

I could recoup some cash by selling bits but.................?

Reaction score
Sam415 said:

Completely agree with you Sam, which is why I've put it up will all the sensible mods for £8,750. Want a quick sale - someone's going to get very lucky! :wink:

Reaction score
Take your point Huf, but it really is a headache for me to put it back to standard. I no longer have the original exhaust, amber indicator bulbs or brake discs, pads and hoses! I do, however, have the original aerial which will come with the car.

I'm convinced that someone will buy it as it is. Trophy's are cars for people who know about cars. The addition of a few sensible modifications (and when I say a few, I really only mean one noticeable mod in the exhaust), like mine, can only add to the attraction for an enthusiast. As for the wiper stalk, it's the best mod you can make to the car bar none!

All imho of course, but there you go.

Tom. :mrgreen:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bloody hell you've got a bargain there !!

Too rite. I paid £9,500 for mine, standard, with 19,500 miles. I thought that was a reasonable price.

I think £8,750 is a reasonable price for T7PHY. I also agree with 'hufcforpromotion' about narrowing the buying market, But, I think the only people your narrowing out is the people who want to keep the car standard.

Reaction score
T7PHY, that's a good price! Not a great time to sell cars but I honestly wouldn't accept any less than that...