Reaction score
Well, I've had No.99 for 18 months now and I think it's time to part ways!

I'm just in the process of buying a flat with my girlfriend and we really don't need 2 cars, plus selling the Trophy and foregoing the overheads (insurance, tyres, petrol etc...) would help to clear my debt much quicker.

What's the market like at the moment? Is it best to sell privately. A quick look on Autotrader suggests somewhere around £10,000, is this reasonable?

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
You'll miss it!

But good luck with the sale!

I know, but at the end of the day I'm not going to keep it forever and if I have a desperate yearning to own another Trophy I can always buy one again! ;)

My main thinking is that in 18 months or so my finances will be nice a level and I can then look at something with 2 seats, no roof and RWD!!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah Id be looking at 10500 mate, how many miles you done?

I ll be selling in March like the desire for a motor bike is gripping me more and more.

Cant keep Trophy as only being used on a Saturday at minute so a toy more than anything else.

You done any mods? I ll be putting that in price when I sell.

Reaction score
Normally find it best to strip any mods off and put them on ebay, I've found people much prefer to buy the standard model

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Yeah Id be looking at 10500 mate, how many miles you done?

I ll be selling in March like the desire for a motor bike is gripping me more and more.

Cant keep Trophy as only being used on a Saturday at minute so a toy more than anything else.

You done any mods? I ll be putting that in price when I sell.

It's done 24,000 miles and it's just had it's service and new pair of PE2s. It was also PermaGuarded last year.

The only mods are to the sound system. Infinity Kappas up front, Infinity Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf and an Alpine iPod head unit.

Reaction score
All I'll say is be prepared for it to take a few weeks to find the right buyer

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Renaultsport said:
You'll miss it!

But good luck with the sale!

I know, but at the end of the day I'm not going to keep it forever and if I have a desperate yearning to own another Trophy I can always buy one again! ;)

My main thinking is that in 18 months or so my finances will be nice a level and I can then look at something with 2 seats, no roof and RWD!!!!!

This is what I always tell myself, even though I know I'll probably never own a Renault again. Have been driving around in the other half's MX-5 while my clutch was being replaced and I'm smitten, so much fun and the uncorrupted steering feel is great, makes RWD worthwhile on it's own, let alone feeling the wrong end of the car put the power down! It's all made me think that if we sold up and got one car between us it would have to be an S2000. It's got all the elements that I love like the fantastic engine and driver feedback with great engineering and reliability and two things that I never knew I really needed, no roof and RWD. In some ways it will be a step down from the Integra but I think it will be my perfect car. If only they would do an S2000 Type-R, I would be waiting at the showroom with the cheque for £30K that I don't have.

Maybe I should just save up for an NSX-R instead?

Reaction score
bludragon said:
All I'll say is be prepared for it to take a few weeks to find the right buyer

Thats where people go wrong they expect to sell in seconds & if it don't go into a price dropping frenzy.
Which is what we witnessed a couple of months ago, owners panicing to sell driving prices down.
This then sends the wrong message to buyers thinking there must be a problem & so the vicious circle starts.

Reaction score
Lovely seating position in the mx-5. I found myself looking at rx-8s the other day lovley in side but not as raw as the Trophy.

At minute heart is set on a bike.

With 24k I d definately be looking for 10500 especially with service.

Definately fancy a move away from Renault basically on build quality mind saying that has anyone seen new white clio sport.

Reaction score
I'd love an mx-5, an s2000, an rx-8, or an M3 CS / CSL especially the latter as it could still meet the requirements of a single car household.

But, all of these are more expensive options, and that extra cash could be put towards karting, or tracking the clio, which are both more fun (imo) than driving any car legally on the road.

Only problem is, you can't go karting, or on a race track every day, and if I really followed that logic, I'd still be driving my AX debut 1.5D. I blame the meda for pushing expensive fantasies...

Reaction score
asim said:
Steve said:
If you can find one first! I've been looking for years now and haven't found a single one!! :?

Seen a couple advertised for sale here & there.

Also saw one of the only 2 NA2 NSX-R's in the UK not too long ago, that is a beautiful thing :twisted:

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
asim said:
Steve said:
If you can find one first! I've been looking for years now and haven't found a single one!! :?

Seen a couple advertised for sale here & there.

Also saw one of the only 2 NA2 NSX-R's in the UK not too long ago, that is a beautiful thing :twisted:

It's soooooo nice, a lot of people believe it remains as the greatest driver's car ever made, developed by Ayrton himself. Have you seen the youtube videos of the standard NSX-R chewing up an RS4 and M6 on the drag strip? That is funny. 280bhp my arse.

Reaction score
When I was at Ring there was a lovely German example staying at our hotel first night, engine had a see through bit which was excellent.

Driving position looks excellent.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
chiefsilverback said:
Where's the best place to advertise?

1) pistonheads
2) autotrader
3) on here
4) renaultsport.co.uk

I'd use those sources tbh - people on CS are just mainly wannabe Trophy owners. If you sell via CS i'll eat my hat!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FunkyMunky said:
g40steve said:
chiefsilverback said:
Where's the best place to advertise?

1) pistonheads
2) autotrader
3) on here
4) renaultsport.co.uk

I'd use those sources tbh - people on CS are just mainly wannabe Trophy owners. If you sell via CS i'll eat my hat!

You could sell it on CS, but you'd only get about ten bob for it :)