Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
had some fun this morning with a Saab 93 aero. On a B road blast to find what the latest rattle is (think it's exhaust related) I past the Saab going the other way.

At the end of the road I turned around to come back and caught him, when I'd sat behind him for a 1/2 mile or so he must have seen me and thought "see you later" He floored it, as we were hitting a long straight I was just about to pull out to go past him - so my revs were up, he had no chance....

When we reached the series of s-bends at the end of the road (clear visability for a couple of miles ahead) we were side by side, 100 yards later he was 10 car lengths behind :)

These things are very good fun :)

Reaction score
He must have been a very good driver, Saab 93 is a pile of poo and no match for any well sorted hot hatch, not even fast and appauling dynamics, he must have forearms like popeye to fight the torque steer. EVO recently listed it as one of the 10 worst cars they've ever driven.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
by the look of it, it had aftermarket additions - probably some IK help also. when it's in the turbo boost zone the saabs do shift - it's just that they can't handle for toffee and before the turbo's have spooled up they are dire. He visably droppe it a gear or two as the front of the car dipped before the rear shocks seemed to give way... they need better suspension that's for certain.

Max

Reaction score
Have you thought about running a cheap car for work and having something for weekends?
I have wanted a bike engined Westfield for a long time, visited the factory last summer had went out in a Hayabusa engined 7. It was a mixture of terror and amazement.
Buy something cheap from an auction and build a 7 to the spec you want.

Reaction score
I like the new ford engined Caterham Roadsport, a bit friendlier and lower limits than the silly ones and only £15K as a kit. What fun to build that over the summer.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i need to upgrade to a garage to do it - I like the look of those new (ish) 1960's F1 look-a-like cars..... can't remember the name now, bugger..... stover or something, I think they begin with S. I've heard that once they sort the handling they'll be a match for the Caterham range.