Thinking about a Trophy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

am thinking about viewing a trophy (this one to be precise)

http://usedcarsalesyork.co.uk/vehicle/name/renault-clio-renaultsport-182-trophy-16v/#vehicle-details

I don't know much about the Trophy other than it gets fantastic reviews and is apparently great to drive.

I'm looking for something that won't depreciate, has manageable running costs (had a tuned T5 before and that drank money) and is basically, a pure driving experience.

Do you any of you know the car in the link and its history ? is it a pup or a good one ?

Any tips of links to buying guides would be appreciated - thanks!

KockWomble AKA Ben

PS..... Does the trophy come with an LSD/Quaife.... If not .... does it need one ? The two main mods I liked on my previous car was polybushed suspension and the quaife - although one reason I'm interested in this as it appears to be such a good drivers car out of the box.

Reaction score
Yeah, this one is on here cant remember which no. however its not the best. No mention of when sachs/belts done, bonnet apparently was held on wit self tappers and bonnet/bumpers have been re-painted. Musts are good service history, sach's rebuilt as the fronts can cost a grand to get done, rear sach's are available on ebay for around £200 the pair delivered.

This one seems all there however not the best of examples I heard...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No - the Trophy doesn't come with an LSD.

Would I recommend one? Personally, I would say yes. I had one fitted to mine and it's fantastic. Ignoring all the issues I've had elsewhere (not specifically Trophy related I hasten to add) the diff (Quaife) has been one of the better mods. Sadly it's quite an expensive job on the Trophy due to the crown wheel modification / machining that is required. That said, once it's in you simply enjoy it and don't have to worry about rebuilding it every year or two. The right person can probably get a Quaife the nicer side of a grand as well.

Reaction score
General consensus is that one is a pile of 5hite

Theres a lad selling one on Trophy Facebook page that's a lot better car

Reaction score
just been looking online at vids showing the difference between having one fitted, and all i can find is BMW's doing doughnuts lol, not sure i need one based on that :p