Reaction score
Spent the weekend working on Theo's car as it needed a little TLC :) Also had great fun with the weather, in and out of the garage all day on Sunday, glad we got the polishing/correction done on Saturday when the weather was perfect!

When the car arrived safe to say it was a little dirty, you can see from the pictures the swirls in the paint, hard to miss on red.

IMG_2989Large.jpg

IMG_2993Large.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2998Large-1.jpg

IMG_3002Large.jpg

Started by giving the car a good hose down.

IMG_3007Large.jpg

Followed by attacking it with snow foam combined with some Gold class to try and loosen some of the caked on grime (great fun)

IMG_3017Large.jpg

IMG_3018Large-1.jpg

Then we gave the car a good wash with sheepskin washmitts and Meguairs Gold Class. and ready to be clayed, we removed quite a lot of contaminents and truck loads of tar from the car.

IMG_3021Large.jpg

After claying, we re-washed then dried using Sonus Der Wunder drying towels and taped up all the rubber/vinyl to stop white marks whilst correcting the paint.

IMG_3064Large.jpg

While the parts of the Clio that hold water dried off we attacked the wheels and arches. This took a lot longer than expected due to the caked on brake dust (thank you PF97s) Came up a treat though. Arches were cleaned and treated with Autoglym VInyl and Rubber care.

Before
IMG_2997Large.jpg

After
IMG_3060Large.jpg

IMG_3040Large.jpg

We took paint readings all over the car to ensure there was enough paint for us to work with without causing any problems. All good so we moved on.

IMG_3058Large.jpg

As you can see under lighting the marks in the paint, and the result after correction using a Porter Cable 7424 and Megauirs Dual Action Cleaner Polish

Before
IMG_3085Large.jpg

After
IMG_3094Large.jpg

We now use Sonus SFX pads rather than the DAS pads we used to use. Safe to say we are more than happy with the results and will continue to use these in future.

After the correction, we treated the exhausts with Britemax products which are very very imprressive. You cannot appreciate the quality of the finish it brought up without seeing it

Before
IMG_3046Large.jpg

After
IMG_3053Large.jpg

Engine Bay was then detailed. APC to clean, then Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care to finish. Autoglym metal polish on the Air Con Piping.

Before
IMG_3071Large-1.jpg

IMG_3072Large.jpg

After
IMG_3117Large.jpg

The next stages were relatively simple. We gave the whole car a going over with Meguiars Speed Glaze to remove any final swirls and light scratches.

Then a sealant was applied and left to cure for a length of time to protect the paint in the future.

Finally the car was treated to a coat of a premium wax and the results were very satisfying.

IMG_3100Large.jpg

IMG_3102Large.jpg

IMG_3103Large.jpg

IMG_3144Large.jpg

IMG_3146Large.jpg

IMG_3147Large.jpg

IMG_3148Large.jpg

IMG_3140Large.jpg

All in all a great weekends work. Very happy with the finish, shame about the weather so couldnt get some better outdoor shots to really show it off. Hopefully Theo will add some on a bettter day :)

Let me know what you think

Cheers peeps
Ady
www.shine-detailing.co.uk

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The results are incredible!!. I want mine doing. Where you based?

Reaction score
Based in Portsmouth lol, bit of a trek!!!!! Thanks for the comments :)

Reaction score
Still looks fantastic after all of the crappy weather we have had down here this week. Thanks Ady and Day for a great job.

You really had to see the state of the wheels before to appreciate the job well done. Machine polished wheels here :D lol

Reaction score
Looking good 8)
After seeing how clean the wheel arches were i decided to do mine today.
Didnt realise how hard it was to get the crap off, took me about 30mins per side to get them looking decent.