Reaction score
Here is my Trophy, that I hopefully should be taking delivery of tomorrow! Its a bad photo I know, the car is in the compound at the local ford dealer. I'll take some better ones once its mine and I've had a chance to give it a good clean. I've also posted one of my old V6...two years on and I still miss it!

Clio%20Trophy%20(2).jpg

Clio%20V6%20(1).jpg

Reaction score
its still waiting for the valet boys to do their worst with their grubby sponges. :evil:

When its mine, it'll be treated to some luxury....sheepskin wash mitt, megs clay, polish, wax and sealant....will look like a different car!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still amazed at the dealers ignorance to the Trophy. I drove into a local car dealer the other week, general exec cars. And he nearly jumped out of his skin with joy at seeing one, "is that a trophy?, wow, can I have a look?" Not sure if he thought I was selling it or not, embarrasing moment really.

You've got a steal mate, well played.

Reaction score
I realised why last night though...went in to fill in the paperwork and the like. The aftersales manager said to be "is that your vauxhall - is it a vauxhall?" i replied with the usual yeah mate - VX220,yadder yadder...then he starts with all the "it looks like a proper sportscar - I've never seen one before". At that point I realised he didnt have a clue about anythign other than fords and the reason why I was onto a winner.

They even tried to sell me gap insurance to cover any depriciation that might happen. Closing line of "it might only be worth 9k in 6 months" was the icing on the cake. It even says trophy on my invoice and HPi check.

:oops: for ringways, doncaster!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i might pop down there after you've picked it up and point and laugh at them...... muppets. This is there job...... amazes me how little dealers know about their own industry.

Reaction score
Tell him, when you pick up the car and hand the cheque over, that it's worth at least £11.5K privately and they could have got £12.5K for it. 9K in 6 months. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Probably wouldn't know squat about Fords either, a couple of years ago, I was in my local Ford dealer with my old lady (She was buying a Focus 1.6) and I asked if they were getting an RS in the showroom, they had been out a couple of months at least, I was told "I'm sorry sir Ford don't have a current RS model, there is the ST170 though..." My mum and I just looked at each other and laughed, even she knew about the RS and has no interest in performance cars.

Reaction score
I was holding back the laughter last night, especially when he said 9k in 6 months....they honestly haven't got a clue. :shock: