Thats it, finished for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone :D

While you're enjoying your 2 weeks off Steve I'm working 22nd + 23rd days, 18:00 24th - 09:00 25th, and 18:00 25th - 09:00 26th! But at least that means my nearly 4 days off start on boxing day so I can join in the xmas lazyness :wink:

Also I come home xmas morning (hopefully not having been up during the night) and eat xmas dinner, and then go back to the fire station for another xmas dinner in the evening - GET IN 8)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm in two minds - i'm driving across to Porthmadog on xmas day and don't know whether to take the Trophy or the Mondeo............ I dont want to put the milage on the Trophy but I want to play in the mountains :?: :?:

plus the modeo does 50 mpg.....

Reaction score
Cue said:
i'm in two minds - i'm driving across to Porthmadog on xmas day and don't know whether to take the Trophy or the Mondeo............ I dont want to put the milage on the Trophy but I want to play in the mountains :?: :?:

plus the modeo does 50 mpg.....

Cue, please read what you've just written and then decide what your answer would be. I'm actually enjoying the Trophy a little bit more now the fronts are worn and the roads are cold and damp, the limits are a lot lower, more similar to my old GTI and you have to make an effort to drive the thing properly, slower into corners now and moderating the throttle on the way out to avoid wheelspin, it's fun feeling the front wash wide then the back grip like glue, really safe handling. You can brake mid-corner and still not get the back end out, weird but safe.

Hope you have an event free day on the 25th Noodle, and you get back to your family safe and warm, I have a lot of respect for firefighters, paramedics, ambulance drivers, nurses, coastguard, mountain rescue, switchboard operators and other people who put their lives on the line to help others, especiallly at Christmas.

Rozzers can freeze on the roadside with their frozen turkey sandwiches for all I care. :lol:

Reaction score
fireman are you?

Merry Christmas everyone :D

While you're enjoying your 2 weeks off Steve I'm working 22nd + 23rd days, 18:00 24th - 09:00 25th, and 18:00 25th - 09:00 26th! But at least that means my nearly 4 days off start on boxing day so I can join in the xmas lazyness :wink:

Also I come home xmas morning (hopefully not having been up during the night) and eat xmas dinner, and then go back to the fire station for another xmas dinner in the evening - GET IN 8)

Ive just applied for dublin fire brigade?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
well having covered over 2000 miles this Christmas period, driving on 9 different motorways, i'm glad i favoured the mondeo. Did Leeds to Portmadog in just under 2 hours at an ave of 41 mpg, which must be some record.

Reallly missed the Trophy on the roads of north wales though. Will be making the trip out there again when summer comes around and that will be Trophy time.

All in all though I needed the Mondeo fit all the luggage and presents in, the Trophy just wouldn't have coped.