Reaction score
Don't forget Greenlight is only a broker, not an insurance provider!

But yes, they have proven to be cheapest for me, and as Cue mentioned, provide track day cover as an option :)

I halved my premium by getting a quote from Greenlight (from Directline).

O.

Reaction score
This is the cheapest car I have ever insured, £485 with elephant. My csl was £1600 to insure with the same company, living in london with 5 years ncb and no accidents.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well the nuggets at Norwich Union have just issued me my renewal that is more than last year. Slightly less than £700 and i'm an old fart, 5 yrs no claims and a million years since i was naughty. More than, Sainsburys and Kwik fit have quoted me up to £400 cheaper, anyone had any experience with any of these? Have not heard back from Greenlight yet.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Well the nuggets at Norwich Union have just issued me my renewal that is more than last year. Slightly less than £700 and i'm an old fart, 5 yrs no claims and a million years since i was naughty. More than, Sainsburys and Kwik fit have quoted me up to £400 cheaper, anyone had any experience with any of these? Have not heard back from Greenlight yet.

I plead with you not to use Norwich Union..... Burn their renewal notice.....

Never ever again will I go near them... not even with a barge pole, chainsaw or shotgun.... welll maybe the shotgun may get an outiing.

they are truelly a show of sheeeiiiight if anything goes wrong.... Stay clear of any company in fact that has call centres over seas... they just don't get it... if it aint on the script, your fecked.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes tend to agree, their online quote was £300 cheaper than their posted version, how does that work? The words arse and elbow come to mind.

Reaction score
Lol, My insurance is £1600, but do I care...No way :D

I'm loving my Trophy and dont mind paying such a high premium.

I'm only 21 tho so I was expecting to get shafted off insurance companies anyway.

Reaction score
i think they just bank on people not bothering to shop around and just accept what they send you in the post.

i shopped around on my mini and got the quote doown from £1200 to £680 lol

the clio's a bit more than a cooper s £720 think it might have something to do with the cost of the suspension if i was to drive into a curb.

oh and i think 75% of the uk has sp30 on their licence or has had it so most companies dont add much for your first sp30 conviction.

Reaction score
Just managed to get it insured for £427 with Admiral. Fully comp, with only £250 excess. In my other halfs name as he has been driving a lot longer, with me as the named driver.

Not a bad deal - has cheered us up - was quoted £650 from Bell who we've been with for 2 years.

Reaction score
Probably as an oap in Devon, but NUD £300 including £50 loading for planned engine mods.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldn't go near NUD, even if they offered me free insurance.. If you've ever claimed through them, you'd know what I mean.

I'm still trying to get my money out of them after 6 months, even though the 3rd party has admitted liability and agreed to pay NU!!!!!

Feckin idiots they are!

Reaction score
Good deal from Admiral - Although the person on the end of the phone, who I was booking the insurance with kept calling it a Renault Clio 'Trooper' instead of Trophy!

Might be interesting if I ever need to claim!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
check your policy documents when you get them, some of the insurers won't pay out if they're wrong, even when it's their fault!