Reaction score
What can I say I hate this time of year where you have to spend time trawling through all the different companies!! Why isnt it possible to stay with one company?!!

Just wondering what sort of prices people are paying on there little beasts? Seems that the premiums have lifted a little for the Trophy this year!

Reaction score
Ive always been with tesco since they have always given me the lowest price. Well directline was maybe £25 cheaper but its not worth changing for that. Think mine is about £800/year

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ouch, that's a lot, hoping mine will be about 450 this year.

Reaction score
Was previously with Bell with V6 and changed over midway through policy and ended up with money back.... Renewal this year was 520... However went with a different company for 420...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£420 that's pretty good. Is that with all the bells?

Reaction score
I've just renewed mine today with privilege and paid £446. I've got 10 years no claims and did'nt bother protecting it this year and the policy has a £500 excess due to 2 sp30's in the last 5 years.

Admiral wanted £464 to renew, I think thats about £10 more than last year. When I told them about my latest sp30 they wanted another £120 on top of that price.

The average price I had been getting was around £600-700.

Reaction score
Still gotta be Greenlight. I'm paying £590 I think (insured just before my 25th last Sep) and they said it would have dropped another £40 quid or so if I could have waited till then. £300 excess and they don't take SP30's into account until you get your third which is very kind of them! Also no charges for my mods (Blueflame etc) whereas everyone else was funny about them.

Also £50 for trackday cover and double the excess. Very reasonable me thinks.

They are just a broker though and I think the policies go through highway which don't have a particularly great satisfaction rating from customers, but Greenlight have been faultless.

I've got 3 years no claims still. Just!

Reaction score
Suppose 420 is a good price then I guess?! I was comparing it to the 172 I have too which is cheap as chips to insure only 318!

Ideally would have been good to get it with same company and have a dual policy as they match new claims discount whichis 9 years on that one! However they said that the Trophy is just out of the insurance bracket they cover on a second car - Damn it!

Saying that cant really argue at the price I guess :eek:

Reaction score
TrophyK3V said:
Seems that the premiums have lifted a little for the Trophy this year!

some of us inconsiderate souls have been crashing Trophy's which has obviously increased the insurance risk slightly :roll:

i apologise now guys!!

Reaction score
i've ended up paying 640 this year - thats with me and girlfriend on the policy, and also takes into consideration my £14000 ish claim in the last two months. Luckily my no claims of 8 years was protected and guaranteed

Reaction score
Thanks to living in London my quote with Direct Line was £1400 with 5 years no claim, and no points or convictions (ever).

Ho Hum.

O.

Reaction score
Thanks to living in London my quote with Direct Line was £1400 with 5 years no claim, and no points or convictions (ever).

OUCH!!!!!
Sounds like you may need to move!

Quote with Bell of £640. 3years no claims, and no points....... although have just got a Sp30 through and someone smacked into the back of me in Oct (no fault claim!!), so no doubt it'll all change and they will penalise me! YIPPY!

Reaction score
eeek, £1400, that's high!!! I have only 2 yrs no claims due to some delioghtful soul who chose to key every panel of my last car except for the roof! When getting a quote on the Trophy, I put my mum on as a named driver and it saved me £200!!! mine's around £740 I think with Admiral. What ages are you guys? am 23.. At what point (if any) should you expect to see renewals drop most significantly?

Reaction score
25 i think is the biggest knock down, or if you start up your own insurance company

Reaction score
confused.com.

Continuously find them good, currently insured with More Than via them for both that and the family car too.

Worth a try

Reaction score
A little story for you Trophy boys (and I promise you that its true)

When I got my renewal notice last year I checked quotes through confused.com and the cheapest quote was from the company that I was already with, but was over £100 lower than they had asked for renewal.

I went to the company's website and got an on-line quote directly, and that too was over £100 lower than they wanted for me to renew.

I rang them up and asked why the difference? The girl on the phone didn't have a clue, but said that I could accept the on-line quote and become a "new" customer, so I did.

In other words, same company, same cover, same annual mileage, same excess, same protected no claims, for over £100 less by becoming a "new" customer.

The moral of the story is, before renewing, try getting an on-line quote from the company you are already with, and become a "new" customer.

Worth thinking about!

(Oh, and the company was........... More Than)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Greenlight all the way.... plus it's alot cheaper on the track days... Cant remember the premium but they were pretty competitive - its in the garage section though..

Reaction score
MickD said:
A little story for you Trophy boys (and I promise you that its true)

When I got my renewal notice last year I checked quotes through confused.com and the cheapest quote was from the company that I was already with, but was over £100 lower than they had asked for renewal.

I went to the company's website and got an on-line quote directly, and that too was over £100 lower than they wanted for me to renew.

I rang them up and asked why the difference? The girl on the phone didn't have a clue, but said that I could accept the on-line quote and become a "new" customer, so I did.

In other words, same company, same cover, same annual mileage, same excess, same protected no claims, for over £100 less by becoming a "new" customer.

The moral of the story is, before renewing, try getting an on-line quote from the company you are already with, and become a "new" customer.

Worth thinking about!

(Oh, and the company was........... More Than)

yup i've done the same thing 3 years on the bounce when i was a More Than customer - they seem to be the worst for bumping up the insurance premium come renewal time for existing customers...... my mum has been a customer of the'rs for 6 years and ends up using this route of starting as a new customer every year come renewal time